• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Well I finally got a response from Todd Young (sort of?). This was a response from an email about Chipman, although he never mentions Chipman at all.

Thank you for contacting me regarding gun violence and the 2nd Amendment. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

As your Senator, I respect that Hoosiers have strong and diverse feelings on how to prevent gun violence while upholding the 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans. I know we all share a common desire to prevent acts of gun violence and I have the utmost empathy and sympathy for those affected by these tragic shootings. That’s why I have supported measures to increase school safety, improve mental health services, provide common-sense fixes to criminal background checks, and increase penalties for illegal possession of guns.

In the 115th Congress, I helped introduce the Students, Teachers, and Officers Preventing (STOP) School Violence Act, which will help improve school safety infrastructure, resources, and procedures to prevent school violence. This bill was signed into law in March 2018, and I have advocated for robust funding for this program on an annual basis.

I also co-sponsored the Fix NICS Act to improve criminal background checks. This important bill holds federal agencies accountable if they do not report information to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, encourages states to upload relevant records to the system, and prevents dangerous individuals from purchasing a firearm. This bill also became law in March 2018.

Furthermore, I support incentivizing states to adopt robust red flag laws, like the one enacted in Indiana, which ensures those with potentially life-saving information have a place to report it and legal gun owners have due process to defend their rights. According to research funded by the Department of Justice, many mass shooters reach a point in which they demonstrate warning signs through changes in behavior, expressions, or threats, and this often stems from a past trauma or violence. As a nation, we need to do far more to recognize, report, and act on these warning signs. At the same time, as we learned following the tragic attack at the FedEx Ground Plainfield Operations Center in Indianapolis on April 15, 2021, state, local, and federal law enforcement officials must ensure that they are sharing information properly and that those with violent intentions don’t slip through the cracks.

We must work together as a nation to address underlying causes of violence, including the amplification and prevalence of hate ideologies, social alienation, and the devaluing of human life. As Congress considers various proposals relating to reducing gun violence, we must ensure we are not burdening law-abiding Americans—who are already subject to extensive legal and regulatory constraints—nor creating situations where individuals with a need for self-defense are prohibited from acquiring a firearm through legal means.

Please be assured I will continue to support efforts to prevent violence while upholding the 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding Hoosiers and Americans.

Again, thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to represent you in the United States Senate.

Sincerely,
    Todd Young
    United States Senator

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well I finally got a response from Todd Young (sort of?). This was a response from an email about Chipman, although he never mentions Chipman at all.

Thank you for contacting me regarding gun violence and the 2nd Amendment. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

As your Senator, I respect that Hoosiers have strong and diverse feelings on how to prevent gun violence while upholding the 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans. I know we all share a common desire to prevent acts of gun violence and I have the utmost empathy and sympathy for those affected by these tragic shootings. That’s why I have supported measures to increase school safety, improve mental health services, provide common-sense fixes to criminal background checks, and increase penalties for illegal possession of guns.

In the 115th Congress, I helped introduce the Students, Teachers, and Officers Preventing (STOP) School Violence Act, which will help improve school safety infrastructure, resources, and procedures to prevent school violence. This bill was signed into law in March 2018, and I have advocated for robust funding for this program on an annual basis.

I also co-sponsored the Fix NICS Act to improve criminal background checks. This important bill holds federal agencies accountable if they do not report information to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, encourages states to upload relevant records to the system, and prevents dangerous individuals from purchasing a firearm. This bill also became law in March 2018.

Furthermore, I support incentivizing states to adopt robust red flag laws, like the one enacted in Indiana, which ensures those with potentially life-saving information have a place to report it and legal gun owners have due process to defend their rights. According to research funded by the Department of Justice, many mass shooters reach a point in which they demonstrate warning signs through changes in behavior, expressions, or threats, and this often stems from a past trauma or violence. As a nation, we need to do far more to recognize, report, and act on these warning signs. At the same time, as we learned following the tragic attack at the FedEx Ground Plainfield Operations Center in Indianapolis on April 15, 2021, state, local, and federal law enforcement officials must ensure that they are sharing information properly and that those with violent intentions don’t slip through the cracks.

We must work together as a nation to address underlying causes of violence, including the amplification and prevalence of hate ideologies, social alienation, and the devaluing of human life. As Congress considers various proposals relating to reducing gun violence, we must ensure we are not burdening law-abiding Americans—who are already subject to extensive legal and regulatory constraints—nor creating situations where individuals with a need for self-defense are prohibited from acquiring a firearm through legal means.

Please be assured I will continue to support efforts to prevent violence while upholding the 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding Hoosiers and Americans.

Again, thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to represent you in the United States Senate.

Sincerely,
    Todd Young
    United States Senator
    A whole lot of :blahblah: it looks like to me...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Sincerely,
    Todd Young
    United States Senator
    Thanks for sharing this Jaybird. That was a reply rivaling Bailout Joe Donnelly. Not sure if I should feel better about Braun at this point, crap we can do better than this!!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well now...

Some Troubling Allegations Surface About Biden's Gun-Grabbing ATF Nominee

Joe Biden’s gun-grabbing nominee to run the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives might have some serious problems ahead of him. David Chipman’s full confirmation vote is yet to be held and this will surely add to that delay. We have allegations that Chipman made racist comments, stunted the careers of black ATF agents, and there have been questions about whether he can do the job given his past as a hardcore anti-gun activist.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    tenor.gif

reptar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    Shelbyville
    He wants to define anything that is 22 cal and semi auto and higher as a "Assault weapon" They cannot enforce a law if nobody follows the law

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    No, but they can use it to target a new class of otherwise law-abiding citizens who are pro-constitution

What do you think is going on with biden's current gun violence task force? All they need to do is identify a couple of crime guns that were obtained through private transactions, levy a charge of dealing in firearms against the seller, and take off on a whole new path to go after those who support the second Amendment and the Constitution of the United States of America.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    No, but they can use it to target a new class of otherwise law-abiding citizens who are pro-constitution

What do you think is going on with biden's current gun violence task force? All they need to do is identify a couple of crime guns that were obtained through private transactions, levy a charge of dealing in firearms against the seller, and take off on a whole new path to go after those who support the second Amendment and the Constitution of the United States of America.

These beings are truly the spawn of ****.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

More regarding this worthless piece of ****.
    They are trying hard to get their POS anti 2-A schill in position to carry out their agenda. **** the whole worthless lot of them.

Edit: Dick Durbin is the biggest POS.

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Sept 8, 2021

Senator Braun on withdrawal of David Chipman's nomination to lead ATF

"David Chipman would have used the ATF to chip away at our right to defend ourselves and our families. I was proud to stand up against his nomination, and President Biden backing down on this nomination is a victory for our 2nd Amendment and law-abiding citizens who made their voice heard."- Senator Mike Braun

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Top Bottom