• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I got out with a buddy this weekend to shoot sporting clays.

It is a FAR cry from being in the field with good dogs, but still a good time.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    From 6 years ago. Wild pheasants from Illinois with my dog (left) and buddy's dog. We have lots of days like this but I don't take many pictures.

Attachments

• Nov 14 2015.jpg
      Nov 14 2015.jpg
      4 MB · Views: 10

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    This one is even earlier. My Vizsla buried in the snow on point and buddy's GSP in a ditch. I actually remember this well. There were 3 cocks that flushed from this. Had a friend along who didn't really hunt (a dentist) and we let him try to bag one of them. He never even got a shot off!

Attachments

• SANY0324.JPG
      SANY0324.JPG
      115.5 KB · Views: 5

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    This is my favorite picture from this year. Went out by myself and bagged the cock on the right in Indiana an the one on the left in Illinois.

I'd bet that is a very rare double.

Attachments

• 202 2 state cocks.jpg
      202 2 state cocks.jpg
      4.4 MB · Views: 3

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Great stuff.....and they look like some great short hairs!
    Only one short hair - my buddies.

My dog is a Braque Francais type Pyrenees (French Pointer from the Pyrenees mountains as opposed to the Gascogne' type which is larger and taller).

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    IMHO bird hunting any species is no fun without a dog. I'm to old to get another dog and train it so I quit.

I'm still kicking around getting a Brittany Spaniel. I have a friend that breeds a litter every now and then....also trains so I would have plenty of help.

cb46184

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    May 10, 2016
    New Whiteland
    I'm still kicking around getting a Brittany Spaniel. I have a friend that breeds a litter every now and then....also trains so I would have plenty of help.
    I had a Llewellin setter and later, an english setter that were both fantastic grouse and pheasant dogs. Even though setters are usually known for being wide ranging quail dogs. My uncle absolutely loved his Brittany Spaniels. It is all about the training. Oh man, ya got me dreaming about the good ole days. Heck, we can't even grouse hunt in Indiana anymore.

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I had a Llewellin setter and later, an english setter that were both fantastic grouse and pheasant dogs. My uncle absolutely loved his Brittany Spaniels. It is all about the training. Oh man, ya got me dreaming about the good ole days. Heck, we can't even grouse hunt in Indiana anymore.

A friend of mine has a Llewellin. She is coming up on 2yo. Hoping to have her in the field on hunts this fall. They are excellent dogs!

TLF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    I hunt Hillside Shooting Sports in Roanoke a couple of times a year. The photo attached to my profile is after a morning hunting my GSP there. It's a standard put and take hunting preserve and a good place to get your daughter started. They have guides with dogs if needed. I live a short drive away and if you want to hunt over a GSP just let me know and I'll come hunt with you. Good luck.

Top Bottom