• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I’ve been to both Lost River and Sugar Creek 2x each. All great people with great dogs and guides. I was most recently at Lost River two weeks ago and thankfully the avian flu did not hit the place! Had a great time with the “ Two Bobs”! Go and you will understand! :rockwoot:
    I don't know anything about Lost River.

How do the birds fly?

Slip266

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Went to Lost River last winter for my first pheasant hunt. We had a good time.

My brother has had luck hitting public land the days following put and take hunts, granted the birds will be few and far between

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Recently my daughter (19) has expressed an interest in giving pheasant hunting a try. I know there are public land put & take hunts, but those can be difficult without a dog. Also, based on precious experience, there are way too many hunters per area and too many knuckleheads shooting recklessly.
    So, anyone have any recommendations for any hunting preserves here in IN?

Thorn Bottom has been mentioned a few times in this thread and I've met some others that go there....

Well, it looks Brad is posting some hunt videos on YouTube.....thought some might like to see the place.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Buddy has his Munsterlander in training right now....Looks like I am going to get to join them for their first hunt this fall!

Musterlander did well on her first bird hunt.

She goes searching for birds in the KS MO area soon.

Young bird dogs are fun to run and coach...and can be hell on patience.

Old bird dogs find birds along the way in a manner that appears so easy one could miss all the talent and beauty that goes into what the experienced dog is doing.

Then I remember the old dog that is very skilled at getting on birds was once a young dog that was hell on patience...and I recall the conversations with my Dad and appreciate even more how much he continues to teach me along the way.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom