Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I just looked up those blackviews.
    Good specs and lots of options.

But why must every damn thing have to be associated with the cloud? A friend of mine had me take a look at her iPhone cloud storage that was full and she didn’t want to start paying extra for space. She had over 53,000 pictures and videos and wanted to save them all to a local drive and delete the rest from the cloud. It would only let you select 1000 photos at a time to download which would mean 53 downloads. she even went to the Genius Bar at the local Apple store and they had no answer for her. once the cloud gets possession of your data it’s nearly impossible to retrieve it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I just looked up those blackviews.
    Good specs and lots of options.

But why must every damn thing have to be associated with the cloud? A friend of mine had me take a look at her iPhone cloud storage that was full and she didn’t want to start paying extra for space. She had over 53,000 pictures and videos and wanted to save them all to a local drive and delete the rest from the cloud. It would only let you select 1000 photos at a time to download which would mean 53 downloads. she even went to the Genius Bar at the local Apple store and they had no answer for her. once the cloud gets possession of your data it’s nearly impossible to retrieve it.
    My blackvue goes to a card.
    When the card is full, it starts to overwrite the oldest files.
    If there is a G-shock sensed, it will save that file so that it is not overwritten.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Sounds like a pretty good set up but I’m not sure I like the idea need special software to change settings.

I assume you could also change settings via controls on the unit?

No.
    At least my model doesn't.
    I don't think they want people to accidentally set it up wrong, or for someone to change things.

Other cams might have different options though. Probably ones that have a display screen on them.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    No.
    At least my model doesn't.
    I don't think they want people to accidentally set it up wrong, or for someone to change things.

Other cams might have different options though. Probably ones that have a display screen on them.
    I assume it's a Windows program. That leaves me out.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    From the ONE that I looked at on amazon..

The BlackVue App (iOS/Android) and Viewer (Windows/Mac OS) are free to download and use.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I only run Linux. I don't pay for software, haven't for over 20 years.
    I refuse to contribute to the Microsoft and Apple taxes (ok I do have an iPhone, but keep my phones until they're dead usually 6 years or more).

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Yeah, I looked it up and there is an app for that, another pet peeve of mine. Why must EVERYTHING have an app?

Once upon a time there was the one app to rule them all, it was called an internet browser. Just like webcams that have built in webpages to set them up.

OK /rant, back to the thread at hand.

Top Bottom