Dads wanting a BP 44 caliber revolver for Xmas.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    He said nothing over $200. However, he's behind times on price of BP revolvers.

He said he wanted a cheap, but reliable BP revolver in 44 6-8" barrel. What are some good BP revolvers for a good price?

I know next to nothing about this myself. So I'm going to rely on our INGO Black Powder enthusiasts.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Jan 19, 2009
    Most accurate are the top strap guns, like the Remington 1858 repros. As BP guns typically don't get shot much by people that own them I recommend the open top guns like the Colt 1860 Army. They are the easiest to disassemble and clean completly. Get him a can of Ballistol to go with the gun.

woodsie57

Expert
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    He said nothing over $200. However, he's behind times on price of BP revolvers.

He said he wanted a cheap, but reliable BP revolver in 44 6-8" barrel. What are some good BP revolvers for a good price?

I know next to nothing about this myself. So I'm going to rely on our INGO Black Powder enthusiasts.
    Had one of the stainless Remington's from Cabela's decades ago- fun, accurate, a bit messy to clean. Wish I'd kept it!

Old Dog

Expert
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Before you buy the pistol, look around and see if you can buy the correct size caps and a can of BP. Last I saw BP was between $25 and $30/lb. not counting Haz Mat charges. BP substitute is more readily available, but caps are a real issue, just like primers. BP is great fun though!

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Prediction is stopping for Goex so real black is going to be harder to find. I have used 777 but it can be hard to find also.

Top Bottom