• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    How much aid is your average Joe going to provide to a multiple gunshot victim? You going to stick your fingers in the holes to stop the sucking chest wound? Mouth to mouth? Cops and medic were inbound.....I wouldn't have touched him either.

Big difference if I witnessed a car accident or saw somebody having a stroke or heart attack. I don't have any extensive medical training but I would be the first one to do what I could do. Gunshot wounds, not so much.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    How much aid is your average Joe going to provide to a multiple gunshot victim? You going to stick your fingers in the holes to stop the sucking chest wound? Mouth to mouth? Cops and medic were inbound.....I wouldn't have touched him either.

Big difference if I witnessed a car accident or saw somebody having a stroke or heart attack. I don't have any extensive medical training but I would be the first one to do what I could do. Gunshot wounds, not so much.
    I was thinking… why don’t you carry a chest seal lol but then I was thinking as a bystander car wreck you know what happened shooting victim is an active situation that I probably wouldn’t want involved in either…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was thinking… why don’t you carry a chest seal lol but then I was thinking as a bystander car wreck you know what happened shooting victim is an active situation that I probably wouldn’t want involved in either…
    But if you didn't want involved in it, would you still stand around gawking or would you leave? I'm thinking if I didn't want to be involved, I'd split, not stand there jaw-jacking about whether the dude was still alive or not. Now if I had witnessed the whole thing, and the dying guy was definitely bad guy? Yeah, I might gawk a little.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    But if you didn't want involved in it, would you still stand around gawking or would you leave? I'm thinking if I didn't want to be involved, I'd split, not stand there jaw-jacking about whether the dude was still alive or not. Now if I had witnessed the whole thing, and the dying guy was definitely bad guy? Yeah, I might gawk a little.
    I guess I don’t really KNOW what I would do. But I know it would not involve my phone.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Whelp, The “justice for James Douglas Rayl“ video with all the Ring videos has disappeared with a “violated YT terms of service” flag on the link.

Last edited:

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    That was why I had the response above about "get off my lawn." The guy was just hanging around doing nothing, not helping the victim, going out to acertain that the car in the driveway was the victim's, "nope, nope, still breathing " and then the first one to approach the responding officers.
    Hey buddy, get you ass back over on your own property and leave us alone.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Probably a Boomer who tells everyone at the local gun shop they need to drag the body inside after they shoot someone trying to break in.
    To make it legal you have to drag them in the house. That's the pre-WWII-generation too. I've been doing my best to convince my parents of that for years.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Still trying to figure out why 911 was called.
    Ex-boyfriend the daughter broke up with 1 1/2 year prior left a strange voicemail the night before, then followed the mom and the daughter in his car, from breakfast, into the drive-way, then rang the doorbell like 5 times over multiple minutes while the dad was yelling from the garage for him to leave.

When he didn't, daughter called 911... this was before the BF started trying to break into the house and got shot... you can hear all of that on the 911 call.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Of course I wasn’t there but from the video and print reports, it appears once again a low round count dispatched the meth maniac. To critique however, it seems that his journey to Purgatory took wayyyyyy to long. Perhaps a bigger caliber or slugs from an 870 would have shortened his trip.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Of course I wasn’t there but from the video and print reports, it appears once again a low round count dispatched the meth maniac. To critique however, it seems that his journey to Purgatory took wayyyyyy to long. Perhaps a bigger caliber or slugs from an 870 would have shortened his trip.
    I don't mind a slow painful death for stupid mother*******

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    The British papers always run rings around the US papers in getting details about US events. Strange, that.

some highlights:
    - 9 mm
    - Shot in both shoulders and the back
    - Front door was solid wood, deadbolt was locked in place when cops arrive, but casing where bolt fit was broken.
    - Three holes through the decorative glass pane in the wooden door. That seems to jibe with the audio from the Ring which sounds like dad lit him up the moment he broke the door, before he even got it fully open.

Top Bottom