• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Morning all. I also went to bed early last night. I got up once for each kid, but I slept good otherwise. One cup of coffee down so far so this is shaping up to be a pretty good day.
    Also, I changed out an O2 sensor on one of our vehicles last night so that was productive and saved us some money.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Amazon is delivering today that Long Range book you recommended.

I’m just starting chapter 18 (reading the wind) on a Kindle and should have the paperback arriving today. It will be interesting shooting at the SGE with so many of us picking up that book. I realize now just how little skill I have at distance shooting and how much ammo I’ve wasted with scopes that were not properly adjusted, zeroed or leveled.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hmmm... this must be a discontinued model, as I can find nothing about it at all on the Vortex site:

Get a couple of chapters into the book before investing in an optic. It might change what you end up buying or it might not. But he makes some recommendations on what to look for that could be helpful.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Get a couple of chapters into the book before investing in an optic. It might change what you end up buying or it might not. But he makes some recommendations on what to look for that could be helpful.

This scope was the midrange scope recommended in the video I linked above. This just happens to be a model of it that's discontinued or something. The low end recommendation was the Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6x24x50 that I have on my RART. I thought about getting it again, but after watching the video thought I might instead go with the midrange Viper PST Gen II 5x25x50, though it's double the price.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I am not able to go to Starbucks without my wife as the baristas always get confused when I asked for “I’ll take whatever my wife normally orders for me“.
    You just need to go more often so they know you. :laugh: I have customers who just say "mine and my wife's, please" and I know what they're talking about.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    You just need to go more often so they know you. :laugh: I have customers who just say "mine and my wife's, please" and I know what they're talking about.

I’m not really a coffee connoisseur. I am more of a caffeine addict.

They open to Starbucks in our little town a couple years ago but they have trouble staffing it and it’s not unusual for it to be closed.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've never had a Starbucks. I don't have a flannel scarf or skinny jeans so they won't let me in.
    I don't drink coffee (I know blasphemous) and I definitely could not bring myself to spend what they want for one there. My wife of course is a supporter there.

I tell her, I'd rather go into a convenience store and ask where the feminine hygiene products are than have to go to a Starbucks and get her something. She knows better now than to ever ask me to go to a Starbucks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom