Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    At work......??????

We were putting in a back up pump in the basement of the Really tall building downtown and an 8" supply side line popped the bolts on the check valve. That line was charged 55 story's up from us.
    It was a point of contention I had told them repeatedly and in writing this was going to happen. Man that was a lot of water.

Yes. A flange gave on an 8" mainline for the OH sprinkler system. Little over 2000gpm by my guess.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They certainly earned their pay today. They got it shut off within a few minutes, so the collateral damage was minimal.
    If you are ever in the sub basements of the building's downtown many of them have a fire suppression system that is a 200 HPP pump tied directly to the water main in the street. They can flood multipole floors very rapidly.

Ask me how I know.....:)_:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    OK.....I'll throw my hat into the ring..... I'm entering the weight-loss competition !
    Since not all fatties are created equal, I'm proposing a *handicap* system, as below.
    Spicy can add other qualifiers, as he deems valid.

1.). Over 65 = add 1% onto your final score
    2.) Bald & Clean-shaven = add 1/2 of 1%
    3.) Mostly Brain-dead = add 1%

.....and so on, and so forth....

;)

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    :laugh: Both solid plans. This actually comes at a good time since going to the doctor on Monday kind of terrified me into some better health decisions.
    I dropped 5 # last week. Down to 210. Working on building some mass and endurance. Not gonna participate in the challenge but I'll add some 5.56 to the prize package.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Dead in here this morning...

Morning folks. Ordered a 3 pack of 10/22 mags from eBay this morning, best price and free shipping... Got my order of Glock mags from Greg Cote yesterday, 10mm and .22lr. Just a few more I want to add, then it’s focusing on accessories and ammo when I can find it. I’ve decided I will go down the match .22 path when some becomes available, explore that side of the hobby since it’s still the cheapest...

And diving back into leatherwork soon, need to make a western rig for the angel baby wheel gun. Haven’t decided what I’m going to call that one yet... Needs cooler grips too.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    OK.....I'll throw my hat into the ring..... I'm entering the weight-loss competition !
    Since not all fatties are created equal, I'm proposing a *handicap* system, as below.
    Spicy can add other qualifiers, as he deems valid.

1.). Over 65 = add 1% onto your final score
    2.) Bald & Clean-shaven = add 1/2 of 1%
    3.) Mostly Brain-dead = add 1%

.....and so on, and so forth....

;)
    I added your name and 88 also to the list.

I'll think of a clever comeback to your "requests". But I need more coffee first.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Crap. Looking at the weather, I better plan a range trip tomorrow to shoot the new CZ.

Any of y'all still planning a b-day thing (or whatever it was) to shoot multiple times in a day? Let me know if it's bringing you to HHRP.

ChrisK, check your "conversations". Can we still say PM's???

That’s the plan right now. 8am at MCFG and then noon to 1ish down at HHRP

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom