Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    With the constant cloudiness, the winter doldrums have set-in.
    One bright spot in the day will be a delivery from Primary Arms.

Once again, I am the outlier.

Grey gloomy weather doesn't bother me a bit.

I will see a steady stream of ammo and mag purchases roll in. Pretty unexciting. Kinda like a trip to Target. You get what stuff you need but nothing that excites.

My son is looking for a 6.5 (hint hint, anyone?) creedmoor bolt gun so we are doing a little rifle and scope texting conversing between his runs today. He's a firefighter and they have have been very busy lately including a pedestrian that was hit by two cars. They had to work on the what was left of the victim before the ambulance arrived. Tough job....

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Sometimes I think that I am in too deep into this hobby. Then I take a look around at my company in here and feel much better about my situation. :cool:
    No kidding. If I show pickle lady pics of everything you guys do and suddenly I'm "not so bad".

Floor is done. 48 more hours and she can have her washer/dryer back. Tomorrow I'll finish trim and paint. My back is less than pliable right now.
    8b40468ea98832a1f435b1284eef3f82.jpg

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Speaking of the weather, I was reminded by the Book of Faces that normally I would be in Texas for a weekend around this time of year. I was also reminded by friends that they miss me, since they are there and I am not.

I hope we get some sunny weather soon.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Just dropped my wife off to get her second shot. Have to wait 15 minutes before she can leave in case of a reaction.

Good to hear they are keeping them for 15. I see the drive-thru's on the news and wonder what happens if one of them reacts after driving off.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Brothers and sisters in the group gathered here today in the church basement. My name is Churchmouse and I am an addict. I will testify as much to this gathering of the 1911 addicts anonomouse.
    Im just an addict in general. I don’t discriminate with my addictions. I love all guns (except hi points), and ya know, the usual t**s, tires, etc. I just wish i could pick up a cheap addiction.

Anyone here every order a Faxon handgaurd? Im looking at a streamline g2 mlok handgaurd from JBO and doesnt say if it comes with a barrel nut or not. Im about to start ordering stuff to overhaul the upper on my flamethrower AR since i just overhauled the lower.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Brothers and sisters in the group gathered here today in the church basement. My name is Churchmouse and I am an addict. I will testify as much to this gathering of the 1911 addicts anonomouse.

Hello. My name is mcapo and I am a 1911holic.

I am here for the ten round program.

64b5760654b37b406c63213171542a99.jpg

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I know I don’t know a lot of you, but I need to put this somewhere for my mental health...

I’ve always wanted to be able to purchase a new firearm the day my child was born... I came along in my daughters life when she was just over 2, 4.5 now... My wife and I found out a little over a week ago that she was carrying a child of our very own. Today, however, that was no longer meant to be.... Roughly 6 weeks into the program, our little one decided that this world wasn’t for he/she... It’s been an extremely rough day... Mama is healthy, no complications with her.

So on the way home from the doctors after confirming what had happened, I told her that I needed to make a stop... I would never be able to buy that firearm for my first child on their birthday.... She understood... So whenever I grab this cheap little black single action .22 revolver, I’ll think of my little cowboy or cowgirl that never got to be.... It’s not the little baby I had hoped to be holding later this year, but it certainly will not be forgotten...

D1278CFC-250D-4051-94B0-25C66B686410.jpeg

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I know I don’t know a lot of you, but I need to put this somewhere for my mental health...

I’ve always wanted to be able to purchase a new firearm the day my child was born... I came along in my daughters life when she was just over 2, 4.5 now... My wife and I found out a little over a week ago that she was carrying a child of our very own. Today, however, that was no longer meant to be.... Roughly 6 weeks into the program, our little one decided that this world wasn’t for he/she... It’s been an extremely rough day... Mama is healthy, no complications with her.

So on the way home from the doctors after confirming what had happened, I told her that I needed to make a stop... I would never be able to buy that firearm for my first child on their birthday.... She understood... So whenever I grab this cheap little black single action .22 revolver, I’ll think of my little cowboy or cowgirl that never got to be.... It’s not the little baby I had hoped to be holding later this year, but it certainly will not be forgotten...

View attachment 121485
    Sorry to hear that man, ive been there twice in the last 5 years. Its never any fun.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

View attachment 121485
    I too have experienced such loss. Should you need an ear, don't hesitate.
    FWIW, the universe knows when the time is right. Had this not been the case for me, we would not have our Magpie. Or Evil-yn. I wouldn't change a thing. I was quite upset at the time. But every time I look at #2 or #3, I'm reminded of why it is the way it is.
    I know this doesn't offer comfort. Best advice I can offer is be there for momma. She will take this harshly. Together you will make forward movement. Your time will come.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

View attachment 121485
    Brother I have no words here that will even come close but you know we will have you and yours in our hearts and prayers.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Ahh, dang Rusty .... I'm so sorry. I can honestly say that I know what it feels like .... because long ago, it happened to my wife and I.

Sometimes, things just aren't meant to be .... and there's no rhyme or reason for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom