Not open for further replies.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I'm enjoying a porter from Centerpoint (Indy). :40oz:here

Speaking of Indy, Chilly Water also has some decent beers. I went to Hotel Tango with my sister, sat at a not-too-crowded bar with no interaction from the people working there as the bartenders chatted. Went across the street to Chilly Water. It seemed to be a pretty good decision.
    I like Hotel Tango! I enjoy that they have a cute fireplace. Sadly I only ever went there on a mediocre date and haven't been back since. Although the company was boring, the drinks and atmosphere were nice. :buddies:

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Nobody lives forever, let’s open the bourbon.
    That's the way.

I’ve ordered another 400 rounds of .308. Half of that is the Australian Outback and half is plinking ammo. Two pounds of Vitavhori N540 is inbound as well.
    Nice. I should have enough supplies to load some .308 for personal use / one day of SGE (I only have bolt gun .308s) - frustrates me to pay over a dollar a round for plinking ammo. Ordered another 200 bullets from Midway on the last order. Gives 300 for target practice once I actually have a free weekend to load. I have the primers, power, and brass for the .308 (large rifle is sadly the only type of primer I have). Found some powder I was looking for at Premier Arms a couple months back. I quite enjoyed my couple of quick trips there. I stopped at Copperhead just up the road from there, the guy behind the counter didn't seem to take to me.

No .380 ammo for me today, the seller flaked out. :xmad:
    What will Sarah do?

What an interesting day out in the big scary.
    What happened?

I like Hotel Tango! I enjoy that they have a cute fireplace. Sadly I only ever went there on a mediocre date and haven't been back since. Although the company was boring, the drinks and atmosphere were nice. :buddies:
    They let in dogs, but that was about the only nice thing I had to say about it. If the place isn't crowded and the bartenders are just standing and chatting (and walking past us!) without saying anything, not a place that will get my money. Did you have to shovel snow?

That's enough quotes for now..

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's the way.

Nice. I should have enough supplies to load some .308 for personal use / one day of SGE (I only have bolt gun .308s) - frustrates me to pay over a dollar a round for plinking ammo. Ordered another 200 bullets from Midway on the last order. Gives 300 for target practice once I actually have a free weekend to load. I have the primers, power, and brass for the .308 (large rifle is sadly the only type of primer I have). Found some powder I was looking for at Premier Arms a couple months back. I quite enjoyed my couple of quick trips there. I stopped at Copperhead just up the road from there, the guy behind the counter didn't seem to take to me.

What will Sarah do?

What happened?

They let in dogs, but that was about the only nice thing I had to say about it. If the place isn't crowded and the bartenders are just standing and chatting (and walking past us!) without saying anything, not a place that will get my money. Did you have to shovel snow?

That's enough quotes for now..
    Politics. Plain and simple.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    So the Texas people are buttheads as well.
    Yes. The guy put the ad up in July for 5 boxes of .380 for $40. Yesterday he bumped it up. I told him I’d take it, in a PM, and asked if he was available to meet today. He responded that he could.

He got numerous people afterwards saying they would take it in the thread. He pm’d me an hour after our earlier conversation and said it was already sold. The ad is still up

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Yes. The guy put the ad up in July for 5 boxes of .380 for $40. Yesterday he bumped it up. I told him I’d take it, in a PM, and asked if he was available to meet today. He responded that he could.

He got numerous people afterwards saying they would take it in the thread. He pm’d me an hour after our earlier conversation and said it was already sold. The ad is still up
    AKA "I can get more money for this and am waiting." Or so I assume.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Report his ass.
    Someone offered bigger money. People suck.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I’ve ordered another 400 rounds of .308. Half of that is the Australian Outback and half is plinking ammo. Two pounds of Vitavhori N540 is inbound as well.

:D Midway USA?

I almost bought an 8 lb jug of N550 but thought It would take too long for me to go through it so I got 5 of the N540 1 lb's.

My most recent frame of reference was pistol reloading calibers. After the buy, I used .308 loads to see how far 1 and 8 lbs would go. Should have bought the 8 pounder.:dunno:

At least I have several other powders coming as well.

Having never reloaded .308, I've been juggling what's available and guessing what might be best and in the end, hoping what I find I like will be available in the future.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom