Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I like the Magpul sling on the small rifle but do appreciate the wider sling width that the ERT slings on the heavier stuff. I think those are made here in Indiana by a veteran owned and operated company.

I have two of the ERT slings, one 2 point and the other a hybrid single/two point. The plus side of the system is that I just add attachment points to new rifles and keep the sling system separate. That makes the safe less cluttered. The downside is that if 3 of us are in the field, only 2 of us have slings for my rifles if we are using only my equipment. That’s not a huge deal though, as my sons both have their own slings on their own rifles.

I’d love to do a hike someday with the 716 to see how the single and two point slings work out. That is not something that’s easy to do.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Speaking of hiking with rifles, has anyone ever tried to do a decent hike with a rifle outside of military service? Testing the capability of a sling system by doing a decent hike seems like a good idea but I imagine you’d be attracting the wrong kind of attention in most locations.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    For those of you who have a PCC that takes G**** mags Rainer has the 9mm OEM 33 round mags in stock. Seems like a decent price.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I like the Magpul sling on the small rifle but do appreciate the wider sling width that the ERT slings on the heavier stuff. I think those are made here in Indiana by a veteran owned and operated company.

I have two of the ERT slings, one 2 point and the other a hybrid single/two point. The plus side of the system is that I just add attachment points to new rifles and keep the sling system separate. That makes the safe less cluttered. The downside is that if 3 of us are in the field, only 2 of us have slings for my rifles if we are using only my equipment. That’s not a huge deal though, as my sons both have their own slings on their own rifles.

I’d love to do a hike someday with the 716 to see how the single and two point slings work out. That is not something that’s easy to do.
    My slings are separated also. I don’t have much room in the safe and the slings just seem to be a pain in the butt to situate properly.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I’m old school. All my slings with the exception of one are USGI type web slings. Don’t ask me how to use them properly, I’ve forgotten... big believer in all rifles having slings.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Mornin fellers. Easy day for me, lathes are on autopilot. No molds to make or repair. All I gotta do is make a hub to mount a 5c collet chuck on our 4th axis in one of the mills and maybe deburr some parts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Mornin fellers. Easy day for me, lathes are on autopilot. No molds to make or repair. All I gotta do is make a hub to mount a 5c collet chuck on our 4th axis in one of the mills and maybe deburr some parts.
    So I am building that pieced in my mind trying to picture all the ins and outs to machine something like that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom