JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    88' probably has a dozen ! ;)
    He loves the mighty .40 as much as me.
    I don't think that .40 shoots that much harder than 9mm, but I'm a recent convert to the .40 S&W /.357 Sig game. Unlinke 88', I only have 3 pistols chambered for those. Still need to buy the .357 Sig barrel for my Steyr M40. I'll probably leave the P226 in .357 Sig until I'm convinced I need to have a third gun to shoot .40 S&W.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I don't think that .40 shoots that much harder than 9mm, but I'm a recent convert to the .40 S&W /.357 Sig game. Unlinke 88', I only have 3 pistols chambered for those. Still need to buy the .357 Sig barrel for my Steyr M40. I'll probably leave the P226 in .357 Sig until I'm convinced I need to have a third gun to shoot .40 S&W.
    No doubt that the .357 Sig is the mightiest of them all.
    You pass muster ! ;)

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    No doubt that the .357 Sig is the mightiest of them all.
    You pass muster ! ;)
    I still have to shoot the .357 Sig. I've got around 140 rounds of target ammo for it (I know how depressingly low that is). I was a little intimidated to go to the larger calibers until I remembered that I shot a .45 as a scrawny 18 year old and hit a 1L Gatorade bottle on the first shot. I don't know why the FBI and police departments have trained officers who are scared of shooting a .40 or .357 Sig. :dunno: I also don't know why people are all over the man-sized target at 5 yards with a pistol.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Last edited:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    The site is apparently being overrun: "The service is unavailable."

Edit: Trying my best. Here's the link with instock only: https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/dept/reloading/primers?instock=true

Edit2: "Currently down for maintenance" FML
    Keep refreshing.

I snagged 4k of LR benchrest primers. I would have bought several other types knowing friends need them but was afraid they would sell out before I got my order thru. Had to refresh several times on every step of checkout to get thru.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Keep refreshing.

I snagged 4k of LR benchrest primers. I would have bought several other types knowing friends need them but was afraid they would sell out before I got my order thru. Had to refresh several times on every step of checkout to get thru.
    giphy.gif

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Small pistol primer has sold out.

Yeah, I wasn't getting the "down for maintenance" message earlier. Hopefully it comes back up with some stock left. Good luck.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Keep refreshing.

If you ever come across small pistol, small rifle. I could use 1-2000 of any. I just have some large rifle.

Sadly I had other stuff in my cart before going back. I tried to delete those and now the site is down.

Edit: All primers now out of stock.

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    If you ever come across small pistol, small rifle. I could use 1-2000 of any. I just have some large rifle.

Sadly I had other stuff in my cart before going back. I tried to delete those and now the site is down.

Edit: All primers now out of stock.
    I would have picked up some of everything to have for others but I knew I wouldn't get any if I took the time.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Had I realized stuff was going to go up in price and down in availability as quickly as it did, I would have stockpiled a lot more than I did. I had hoped it wouldn't happen until closer to the election, but didn't count on the Chinese Virus and affiliated craziness.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Had I realized stuff was going to go up in price and down in availability as quickly as it did, I would have stockpiled a lot more than I did. I had hoped it wouldn't happen until closer to the election, but didn't count on the Chinese Virus and affiliated craziness.

I wished I had sold my house and spent all the cash on 9mm ammo in 2019.

I’d live in a MUCH nicer house today. ;-)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom