• Total voters

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    yeah I prob would too but I don’t have $3k free to buy HK MP5 at the moment. I love my scorpion, even more so at the low price of $800, granted I did pay extra $200 to make it SBR.
    I also would like to have a MP5 but the cost is just too high. At some point I will pick up a scorpion and will go the SBR route. So Lilboog just where on the gun did you have the engraving done and who did it for you?

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I went the way of the Sig MPX over the Scorpion. For the right price, I would add a Scorpion to my collection, but I will always like the MPX better. As far as the MP5, yeah, I will have one of those too! :):

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    I also would like to have a MP5 but the cost is just too high. At some point I will pick up a scorpion and will go the SBR route. So Lilboog just where on the gun did you have the engraving done and who did it for you?

no need to engrave it. Did form1 electronically thru my buddy who has his class 3 license. came back less than a month later

and should’ve stated extra $200 additionally to $800

Last edited:

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    I bought my scorpion back when you only had 2 options. Fake can or flash hider. They were both carbines. I have used it as my primary in TSA matches for years and have never looked back. My only complaint would be the pins are prone to rust when shooting sweaty matches in the summertime.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    no need to engrave it. Did form1 electronically thru my buddy who has his class 3 license. came back less than a month later

and should’ve stated extra $200 additionally to $800

I don't think this is correct. Form 1 is an application to make a firearm, and the maker of a firearm (plus the city and state) is supposed to be engraved on the firearm. That is why my Serbu Super Shorty has markings for both Remington and Serbu.

I think you need to get that thing engraved immediately.

rkwhyte2

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I don't think this is correct. Form 1 is an application to make a firearm, and the maker of a firearm (plus the city and state) is supposed to be engraved on the firearm. That is why my Serbu Super Shorty has markings for both Remington and Serbu.

I think you need to get that thing engraved immediately.
    You are 100% correct Josh. This needs to be fixed ASAP. The FFL should have let Lilboog know all of this.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Had a pistol and carbine, divested both. Fun but not really useful as tools go.

Now the original vz. 61 would be a hoot. Or any of the above in select fire, as they were intended to be, that would be different.

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    You are 100% correct Josh. This needs to be fixed ASAP. The FFL should have let Lilboog know all of this.

Yeah, let’s change the federal registered part that was APPROVED by the government. That sounds smart. I have the approved application in hand along with my tax stamp.

rkwhyte2

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    It has to be engraved with the name used on the form and the city, state. No if ands or buts

Here is everything you need to know.
    https://www.nationalguntrusts.com/b...nfa-engraving-requirements-walk-through-guide

it has been since it was made by CZ. All that information is already on it; serial #, manufacturer, where made, etc., and put on application. No need for further information to be engraved. I think you are thinking of an homemade lower or homemade suppressor.

the ATF would not have approved it if I didn’t have everything in order. I’m good, I got my stamp

rkwhyte2

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    it has been since it was made by CZ. All that information is already on it; serial #, manufacturer, where made, etc., and put on application. No need for further information to be engraved. I think you are thinking of an homemade lower or homemade suppressor.

the ATF would not have approved it if I didn’t have everything in order. I’m good, I got my stamp

Did you buy the weapon as a pistol and then submit the paperwork (form 1) to make it an SBR? If this is the case it must be engraved. The ATF doesn't say you can't have the stamp until you confirm the engraving is done. They just assume you follow the rules and have engraving done. Just trying to save you some heartache brother. Ask your FLL friend.

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    Did you buy the weapon as a pistol and then submit the paperwork (form 1) to make it an SBR? If this is the case it must be engraved. The ATF doesn't say you can't have the stamp until you confirm the engraving is done. They just assume you follow the rules and have engraving done. Just trying to save you some heartache brother. Ask your FLL friend.

I get and appreciate it. just got ahold of my dealer and he said I’m good as long as I’m the sole owner of it for the end of time, my time that is. I only need to engrave it if I ever intend on selling it.

rkwhyte2

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I get and appreciate it. just got ahold of my dealer and he said I’m good as long as I’m the sole owner of it for the end of time, my time that is. I only need to engrave it if I ever intend on selling it.
    Hate to tell you but I believe your friend is wrong.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

So even if that is true (which I think its not) why. Someone will have to deal with this when you go toes up in the dirt. Your mind set is a bit odd. I would not test the theory. And I damned sure would not leave it for anyone else to deal with even if you did keep it forever and always.....:):

Edit.....did you actually open AND READ THE LINK RK PROVIDED. YOUR GUN EQUIRES AND id ENGRAVED ON IT PERIOD.

Good lord we are our own worst enemy's sometimes.

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    So even if that is true (which I think its not) why. Someone will have to deal with this when you go toes up in the dirt. Your mind set is a bit odd. I would not test the theory. And I damned sure would not leave it for anyone else to deal with even if you did keep it forever and always.....:):

Edit.....did you actually open AND READ THE LINK RK PROVIDED. YOUR GUN EQUIRES AND id ENGRAVED ON IT PERIOD.

Good lord we are our own worst enemy's sometimes.

unfortunately this happens more than I care for.

ughhh, I hate all this government red tape BS

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Yeah, let’s change the federal registered part that was APPROVED by the government. That sounds smart. I have the approved application in hand along with my tax stamp.

You're not changing it; you're adding additional information to it.

I bought a Serbu Super Shorty AOW. Remington had made it as a firearm (not a shotgun; it never had a stock), so they stamped their info and a serial number onto it. Then Serbu made that existing firearm into an AOW, so they engraved their info onto it (but notably they did not add a serial number or alter the number Remington put on it initially).

If I ever decide that I want to put a stock onto it, I will have to file a Form 1 and engrave it with my information, which would make the third name/city/state on it. The serial number would never change, though.

What type of FFL does your friend have? They are not all the same, and I think you would be well served by talking for a few minutes with someone who has as FFL 07/02 SOT.

Top Bottom