• wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    OP you got a very solid deal, no doubt.

I really like my P-10c. Reliable gun, eats all kinds of ammo I've tried. Feels great in my hand.

+1 for the HBI Theta trigger. I installed the 3.5# striker spring that came with the HBI trigger kit and it still reliably ignites those harder Wolf/Tula primers. HBI kit is a decent use of $65 in my opinion

The stock trigger is pretty good though -- I would say shoot it and dry practice a bunch before considering the upgrade.

Some things I don't like

1) mag release button on mine is way too stiff which I think means I have one of the earliest gens. It has lightened up a little bit but not much

However ^^ this is supposedly not a problem on the newer generations of P-10's.

2) Magazines are a little expensive and sometimes hard to find. $30 a pop at a minimum and that's when they go on sale

Yes, the mags are generally $30 - $35. Just the price you have to pay. If your gun is older, the newer style mags still work in them (actually work better in mine as the older ones had a problem dropping free and the new ones work perfectly). If your mag release is the same on either side and smaller, it's an older, non-2.0 version. Running rounds through it will loosen it up. You're correct that the newest model (2.0) has a slightly larger mag release that is much easier to use. Not nearly as stiff or require the same break in period that the older version did. I've owned the 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0 versions and the newest version works the best for me.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I just happened to watch garandthumb's review. He seemed to like it pretty good, but apparently Larry Vickers has posted a really negative review of it. So there was some humorous response to that in GT's review.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    What did LV has against it? Not really sure I care to look up the video. I've used Glocks, M&Ps, HKs, CZs, Sigs and more and am not seeing any significant issues with the P10C, especially the newest version.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    What did LV has against it? Not really sure I care to look up the video. I've used Glocks, M&Ps, HKs, CZs, Sigs and more and am not seeing any significant issues with the P10C, especially the newest version.
    His mag release didn't work, he had a Glock 19 holster that didnt fit, it is too cheap, did not like an aluminum sight.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Yes, the mags are generally $30 - $35. Just the price you have to pay. If your gun is older, the newer style mags still work in them (actually work better in mine as the older ones had a problem dropping free and the new ones work perfectly). If your mag release is the same on either side and smaller, it's an older, non-2.0 version. Running rounds through it will loosen it up. You're correct that the newest model (2.0) has a slightly larger mag release that is much easier to use. Not nearly as stiff or require the same break in period that the older version did. I've owned the 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0 versions and the newest version works the best for me.
    Thanks for the info. Thankfully I haven't had issues with mags not dropping free, all the mags I've used from old P-10c mags to new P-10c mags to P-07 mags have worked flawlessly as far as dropping free and feeding rounds reliably in both my P-10c and my P-07

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Also, I'll have to add (and this is only my experience), I've had less issues with the P10Cs that I've owned vs the Glocks that I've owned.

That’s been my experience as well. Oddly enough, Glocks have been one of my more troublesome brands. My G21 and G23 have been fine but the both G19s had minor BTF issues and both G30s had major BTF issues. The P10Cs have been perfect in a combined 5500 plus rounds.

To the G19 credit, both of them ran strong (except for the BTF issue) once past break in. One, could not get through a single mag without short stroking until broken in past 100 rounds.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    On the very early ones, you can smooth the mag release to a bit by polishing a mold line down a but on the mag release. Right in the center of the V, there was a casting line that made the mag release harder than it need be. I did that on my first one but the second never needed it. Both are Gen 1 P10Cs

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    I am not looking for one. I have already found one I just wanted some info on good or bad. sorry if I posted in wrong place.
    That is how I interpreted your question. Lot of sensitivity here to folks joining just to have access to the classifieds.

The P10c is a fine weapon in every respect that will not disappoint.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ChazL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Tell City
    That is how I interpreted your question. Lot of sensitivity here to folks joining just to have access to the classifieds.
    I am new here also, and yes the classified section is a big reason I signed on. That being said, I have really enjoyed interacting on the forums.

Top Bottom