• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I would like to see them bring back the 1903. Same size and appearance on the outside, but reworked with modern materials to handle 9mm. The classic style, great ergonomics, and more powerful caliber I think would be a great seller.
    Gawd I would kill for a repro 1903/08.

Of course, it would be ceracoted or parkerized in some ugly finish, because properly bluing a handgun has become a lost art.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield

Of course, it would be ceracoted or parkerized in some ugly finish, because properly bluing a handgun has become a lost art.

I have handled one and it was NICE , made under Colt licence by US Armament with 100% tool steel. Even made the pistols drop safe apparently.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

I enjoy shooting 1903s, they are an old gun that has held up well. Plenty around and in a lot of variety, they are known as the potato chips of Colt collecting.:)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why on earth would they keep the management that ran Colt into the ground? insanity
    I was just thinking about that and how much better Colt would be if it fired all of its management, then re-hired them to carry the factory's fixtures to Arkansas and then fired them after the grueling forced march under the lash.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Chris is pretty much the scholar of the black rifle on Youtube. I can't recite his entire resume off the top of my head, but he's ridiculously qualified to speak on the subject. His channel has really great information and discussion.

Colt proof marks and roll marks is a deep rabbit hole that I am not fully educated on. 13629 is Colt's Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) code, I think that's a marking change dictated by some defense logistics...thing. I bought my 6920 in early 2019, it has 13629 on the barrel but more typical C stamps on the upper and bolt carrier and MPI on the bolt. Still says M4 Carbine and has an LE prefix serial. Other people report 13629 on their uppers and other random parts. Just...Colt things. :dunno:
    Ark, you are dead on target.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This is a great video. I've wondered what the differences were between what people refer to as the new or old 6920s. Per this guys definition, mine is the older LE6920, with the difference being mine was an MOE model that came with FDE furniture. I got mine new in '12 when Walmart still had a little backbone left. My front post has the F and the lower is marked M4 CARBINE. Instead of all the 13629 markings he mentions though, mine has the C stamped in the upper, barrel and bolt carrier. Whats the diff between those 2 markings?
    bink, you have to re-cast Colt as ZIL, a division of the Department of Defense.

In the salad days of GWOT for Colt, 3 production lines ran 3 shifts punching out as many M4s as was possible to fill unending contracts of milk and honey. The LEs/6920s, AR-15A3s, inter alia were essentially M4s with different barrels and no happy switches so end user was getting close to what he/she had in the service and were built to a standard, the TDP, which gave you certainty, interchangability, etc. (yup, yup, I get it "milspec" and all, cool, cool).

However, the salad days ended and in order to make a vig, Colt stopped in house manufacturing and went to subcontractors as it is doing with the CR guns. As others have pointed out, Colt suddenly became not so special and for those with resources LMT, LWRCI, DD, etc. became "why not" selections.

Disclaimer: This is just what a friend, who is a Colt fanboi, pfffft, fanbois, told me.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    I was just thinking about that and how much better Colt would be if it fired all of its management, then re-hired them to carry the factory's fixtures to Arkansas and then fired them after the grueling forced march under the lash.
    While I agree this would be fitting, and a grand spectacle to watch, it would be a waste of their talents.
    We have to think long term.
    I believe the skill and persistence demonstrated, while running one of America's finest firearm makers into the ground, has to have earned them some notice and appreciation from the Dems.
    This should be rewarded!
    In fact, I think that with some smooth talk, and shiny trinkets, we could get the whole team signed up to manage the DNC.
    Imagine the lofty goals the lefties could achieve with this group running their financial and logistical affairs!

Now THAT would be suitable retribution for all us Colt lovers who have had to watch the stallion's sad demise.

Just tryin' to be helpful.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Jim McKalip

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    While I agree this would be fitting, and a grand spectacle to watch, it would be a waste of their talents.
    We have to think long term.
    I believe the skill and persistence demonstrated, while running one of America's finest firearm makers into the ground, has to have earned them some notice and appreciation from the Dems.
    This should be rewarded!
    In fact, I think that with some smooth talk, and shiny trinkets, we could get the whole team signed up to manage the DNC.
    Imagine the lofty goals the lefties could achieve with this group running their financial and logistical affairs!

Now THAT would be suitable retribution for all us Colt lovers who have had to watch the stallion's sad demise.

Just tryin' to be helpful.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk
    We have a genius in our midst.

Top Bottom