• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I hope it works out well. My fear is that instead of bolstering Colt, it will drag down CZ. Yes, I'm a pessimist.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I agree. I'm hopeful that they can make it work. It would be nice to see them do a short run of a CZ branded AR in the same way that they did a CZ 1911

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Looking forward to seeing the hybrid offerings that will be built in the old Colt factories. Yes, a CZ AR would be an instant success if the quality is there.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Can you imagine the possibilities???

just imagine a 9mm double stack Cz 75 frame…with a 1911 style slide and barrel!!!

that would be awesome!!!

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I only hope and pray that this acquisition of Colt by CZ works out. Colt should revive all its "old" revolvers in a "classic series" a la S&W and bring them back at reasonable prices. I still think $1500 to $2000 for a new Python is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous! New AR's from CZ from Colt would be an instant success at reasonable prices. I wish this new merger of giants the very best. Really I do!!!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    CZ has announced: 1. It will remain in CT, 2. It will keep Colt management instead of firing them (into the sun).

Given how Colt became ZIL and then became Rock River I am less than optimistic.
    Will see how long the original management sticks around. They may be in place now but that doesn't mean they will be a year or two from now.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I only hope and pray that this acquisition of Colt by CZ works out. Colt should revive all its "old" revolvers in a "classic series" a la S&W and bring them back at reasonable prices. I still think $1500 to $2000 for a new Python is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous! New AR's from CZ from Colt would be an instant success at reasonable prices. I wish this new merger of giants the very best. Really I do!!!
    Maybe, but if were OIC of Colt, the first project would be making a MHS compliant pistol. No more 1911s or bringing back another revolver to screw up. Let's get competitive again!

1. MHS pistol.

2. Knowing that we are no longer ZIL or a subsidiary of the DoD, begin production of the IC/M5 as COTS.

3. Pour money into R&D

4. Leave CT.

5. Fire Colt management, then re-hire them to fire them again, keeping firing them so there is no misunderstanding that they are fired.

Top Bottom