• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcsatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2021
    Farmland
    Looking into one of these two for a small capacity shooter in 7.62x39. Anyone have one of these? I like the CZ because it has the walnut stock, not big on polymer but I could live with the Ruger as well.

Thanks!

eddiehelm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2018
    Marion
    I have the cz youth carbine and it’s fantastic. The trigger is great and it’s very accurate. The bolt throw is a little different if you’re not used to it and it can bind a little until you get used to it and it’s broke in. I can’t speak to the ruger.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Can't speak about the cz, but the ruger will be hard to find. The few that show up on gunbroker are fetching over $1000. If you could find one at Rural King or academy you would get it at a decent price.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I have only held the Ruger, but not fired. The stock leaves a lot to be desired, but they seem to have good reported accuracy from other folks. I had a CZ 527 wood stock, with irons and liked the set trigger design. The only thing I didn't care for was the previously mentioned bolt issue, you have to learn the technique, otherwise it binds up. The CZ is designed to shoot steel case ammo, don't remember if the Ruger is or not (been a bit since I read up on them). The CZ has proprietary rings, but they aren't too expensive from Warne. The Ruger has a standard 1913 picatinny rail on top for mounting a scope. The Ruger was way cheaper (around $400), pre-Covid. Not sure what a 527 goes for now.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I'd like to get a ruger American too. I have no idea why they're all sold out now, other than the general unavailability of stuff. It's as if it was an AR15 right now. And I refuse to pay $1,000 for what should be a $300 rifle.

bcsatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2021
    Farmland
    Agreed, I bought a Henry 22 last week but it was at a normal price. I refuse to buy ammo and firearms at panic pricing. Like every other time its best just to wait until things calm down.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I have the same sights. I got lucky and they work perfect with the factory fiber optic front sight.
    I liked the NECG sights much more than the Skinner sights, even though they were $40 more.

I also added a buttstock double mag pouch. This one works great for that purpose.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I can't speak to the Ruger, but I have several of the 527, and none of them will ever be for sale, for what it's worth. I don't have one in 7.62x39, but from what I've read, people that have them love them just as much as I do mine. Best of luck with it. This one happens to be in .22 Hornet:

Cz 527 Hornet FS.jpg

Top Bottom