• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Does this statement not make sense to anyone else? Like that’s not exactly how cryptocurrency works. Like, they could trace the blockchain and see the transactions, but you can’t see the end user. At least you’re not supposed to, that’s the whole point.

So either this is more propaganda to further try and discredit Bitcoin, or Bitcoin is in bed with .gov like many say it is.
    They supposedly got control of the servers that housed their bitcoins. That happened right after the breach.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That is an easy judgement to make when it is not your company being affected.

I tired of the worn out trope that settlement with criminals and warmongers is cheaper...

And any response it is, is just BS that doesn't take long term into account, just the next quarter earnings. A terrible way to run a company or a country...

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Does this statement not make sense to anyone else? Like that’s not exactly how cryptocurrency works. Like, they could trace the blockchain and see the transactions, but you can’t see the end user. At least you’re not supposed to, that’s the whole point.

So either this is more propaganda to further try and discredit Bitcoin, or Bitcoin is in bed with .gov like many say it is.
    If this really happened it should tank all crypto, I would think.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I tired of the worn out trope that settlement with criminals and warmongers is cheaper...

And any response it is, is just BS that doesn't take long term into account, just the next quarter earnings. A terrible way to run a company or a country...
    Welcome to modern corporate America. You have it wrong though. Public corporations don't care about earnings. They are solely focused on stock price.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, this is six shades of F’d up for crypto. This reads like the computer crime version of an FBI jihadi bomber plot.
    .gov wants crypto to go away, it was threatening the reserve status of the US dollar.

my moneys on an alphabet agency set this whole thing up from the start and will continue to fund and fuel the attacks until crypto gets outlawed. Any aspiring black hats will get funding, tools and intel from the agencies working this only to get popped in a sting operation later.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    .gov wants crypto to go away, it was threatening the reserve status of the US dollar.

my moneys on an alphabet agency set this whole thing up from the start and will continue to fund and fuel the attacks until crypto gets outlawed. Any aspiring black hats will get funding, tools and intel from the agencies working this only to get popped in a sting operation later.
    I want crypto to go away. Have you priced video cards lately?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Most likely they made an end-around run - like monitoring email or computers to find the keys and info passed around.

A key is only secure as the keyholder is smart with it.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I want crypto to go away. Have you priced video cards lately?
    I got an Xbox S so I don’t worry about that.
    It is ridiculous though. As it stands energy is created from non renewable resources so a currency that sucks power like Bitcoin does is a huge negative on society on a whole.

if the cyber attacks don’t kill crypto then the brown outs will.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm hearing on the police scanner app that the CAD system is down statewide. Also complaining of no Internet across all stations...

Wonder if this another cyber attack/ransom thing?

I heard that last week Eskenazi Hospital was attacked, having to send all patients to other hospitals.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I'm hearing on the police scanner app that the CAD system is down statewide. Also complaining of no Internet across all stations...

I heard that last week Eskenazi Hospital was attacked, having to send all patients to other hospitals.
    ^Eskenazi diversion article. I can’t find any info on whether or not it’s back open, I would assume so but heard today it was still closed. They say it doesn’t effect existing patients. That’d be scary to be stuck there.

ETA cad system down doesn’t seem to be a very simple search for real time info, but it does appear it goes down sometimes.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

Just checked in with dispatch supervisor.

It's not the CAD that was down, as there is no statewide CAD, but rather it was IDACS that was having connectivity issues. IDACS is the system that talks to the nationwide system, collaborates DLs and registrations, warrants, etc. It is back up, albeit with some glitchiness. I'm on the terminal right now and mine went down for a minute.

Eskenazi did get hacked but unknown right now as to the scope and target, but it is effecting patient book-ins and they are basically on diversion.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ^Eskenazi diversion article. I can’t find any info on whether or not it’s back open, I would assume so but heard today it was still closed. They say it doesn’t effect existing patients. That’d be scary to be stuck there.

ETA cad system down doesn’t seem to be a very simple search for real time info, but it does appear it goes down sometimes.

I'm no authority on this, just attempting to repeat what I have heard. They seemed rather concerned about the issue down here in Brown/Monroe County.

The fine gent below is an authority!

Just checked in with dispatch supervisor.

It's not the CAD that was down, as there is no statewide CAD, but rather it was IDACS that was having connectivity issues. IDACS is the system that talks to the nationwide system, collaborates DLs and registrations, warrants, etc. It is back up, albeit with some glitchiness. I'm on the terminal right now and mine went down for a minute.

Eskenazi did get hacked but unknown right now as to the scope and target, but it is effecting patient book-ins and they are basically on diversion.
    Many thanks, sir!

Appreciate the corrections, and as always your professional insider input.

Thank you for your service! :ingo:

Top Bottom