• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shootin45super

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2019
    Bloomington
    Just said on the news that the US has had a major cyber attack that went deep and there not sure how deep.
    They believe Russia is the major player.
    BUT THE ELECTION IS SAFE and SECURE!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I run the software that was used to sneak the attack software in. (Solarwinds) Im now thanking my lucky stars that I have been too busy to get around to updating the software. So by all current accounts, my version was 2 versions older than the earliest known version of the software that contained the payload used to attack "us". (and roughly 17,999 other orgs)

I did update to the newest software that would remove any known versions of that malicious software today though, just in case.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I run the software that was used to sneak the attack software in. (Solarwinds) Im now thanking my lucky stars that I have been too busy to get around to updating the software. So by all current accounts, my version was 2 versions older than the earliest known version of the software that contained the payload used to attack "us". (and roughly 17,999 other orgs)

I did update to the newest software that would remove any known versions of that malicious software today though, just in case.

Ho-ly Cow. Didn't understand that it was a specific rev of SW that was the typhoid Mary. Of course we run the platform too, nationwide and overseas. I guess we were up to date but small beans and not at risk, China doesn't car about the right way to build roads or dispose of toxic waste.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ho-ly Cow. Didn't understand that it was a specific rev of SW that was the typhoid Mary. Of course we run the platform too, nationwide and overseas. I guess we were up to date but small beans and not at risk, China doesn't car about the right way to build roads or dispose of toxic waste.
    If you were up to date, you may have exposure if you updated during the infection window. Installing any infected versions would expose you. The only way to be safe is to have been too lazy and/or overworked and not updated after March of this year.

But I'm sure your ops team is already digging.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

I would not count on the small beans, not at risk theory. And just removing the vector (SW) doesn't guarantee that nothing was instantiated in the environment through that vector.

Eagle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 29, 2020
    Greenwood
    I keep saying that I’m going to move to Montana and separate myself from the digital world—I guess it’s ironic that I’m posting this to a forum...

But seriously, stuff like this frightens me and I’m not sure there’s a solution, as we’re an increasing digital world.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Or maybe CCPJB or some of his minions allowed access. China's GNP is 10 times Russia's, I vote for the guy with the deeper pockets trying to undermine our system. The dangerous Russian card has already been played too many times.

I can see China doing it and making it look like Russia to deflect blame. Kind of like blaming your little brother for breaking the lamp and just being a better liar.

Trevelayan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Putnam Co.
    Does anyone have details of what actually happened, or what was accomplished? I'm guessing it was CCP or RUS but electronic attacks are possible by lone wolves or non-state actors as well.

Top Bottom