• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    They’re both a little too smart for their own good sometimes, but they are great. Our male is already super protective of me and the woman, so we’re starting him in training next week to fine tune his energy.

Super protective dogs.....which is just one great aspect of the breed.

Enjoy them...Excellent dogs!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    What kind of dog is that? I ask because we are adding a golden mini doodle next week. Looks very similar
    Bernedoodle. He's 5 months old. Should be a big boy. Our son's girlfriend has one from the same breeder and he's HUGE.

Our old mutt is 13 and not long for this world. I was planning on our next dog being a Rottweiler, but both grandkids are very allergic to dogs so the wife insisted on something non shedding.

I don't think the pup will ever be a killer, but he's learning the watch dog ropes from the old mutt and has a hell of a big bark, so that's something.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    What a beautiful porch for them to watch the world go by. Very nice
    Thanks.

Built it myself 4 years ago. Took ALL summer but my work was slow and estimates to have it built were too high.

Learned a lot. Gained a ton of knowledge I hope to NEVER use again. :D

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So these two are actually half sisters. Same father, different mothers. Polar opposite personalities. They father is Czech, the mother's side was German. Long haired are amazing because they molt their coats 2-3 times a year and don't shed much between. With two running the house all day we may go 2-3 weeks before vacuuming. It's awesome.

Dakota, the one on the left is the wife's Therapy dog she takes to school for her special needs class. She actually became the elementary's mascot basically at this point. Kiva, the one on the right will never be a therapy, working or service dog. She's got too much..... "fire" in her personality. She makes Dak seem boring and mellow. She's got enough personality for 3 dogs in one.
    IMG_5984.jpeg

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    never trusted our dogs in a liner pool
    Oh, believe me, every time any of the dogs are in the pool, my wife is somewhere nearby going “don’t let em touch the side”!

With the three we have now, it’s not a huge deal, the older mixed breed swims directly for the ladder. The female always just freezes up and hangs onto whoever is in there with her, and the pup likes to swim around, but won’t get very far away from me or my wife.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    We had wicker furniture on the back sun porch, we also had a shepherd.
    the furniture slowly disappeared
    We have a concrete bear that sits in the flower bed by the garage, it’s about 20-25 lbs. Our 7 month old shepherd carried it all the way to the back fence last weekend and was laying in the shade gnawing on it.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    We have a concrete bear that sits in the flower bed by the garage, it’s about 20-25 lbs. Our 7 month old shepherd carried it all the way to the back fence last weekend and was laying in the shade gnawing on it.

One year we put an uncarved pumpkin on the front porch as a fall decoration. Our yellow lab Chester got bored one afternoon carried it out into the yard, and carved it.

Top Bottom