• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'd like to say I've never seen anything like that before, but I have. 116th/Gray, guy has a heart attack, no one stops to help. But we did get a "there's a guy laying face down on the sidewalk" call.

thats people for you.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Holy ****! I've been to that store before! I have a house in Portage ,Michigan. First I've heard of this. There's always bad **** going on in that neighborhood. Doesn't surprise me at all!

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The guy that shot him did just get convicted at least. I could never just step over a body unless it was someone passed out at a party and even then I would probably check on them.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    They likely had no idea he has shot and/or dead. You have no idea how often people lay in doorways there. Also, why does this surprise anyone?

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    For that many POS's to walk over someone is unbelievable. Sad state of humankind to be so cold to such things like "No biggie just another dead body in a doorway".

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'd like to say I've never seen anything like that before, but I have. 116th/Gray, guy has a heart attack, no one stops to help. But we did get a "there's a guy laying face down on the sidewalk" call.

thats people for you.

I think cell phones have led to some of this. "When you care enough to do the very least." Years ago I heard a 911 dispatch on a neighboring zone that said "assist a citizen, caller states a man on the sidewalk fell out of his wheel chair and has been trying to get back in it for the last 2 hours." It was on Michigan Rd near 79th St, so a very busy area. Not only did no one stop and help, but the caller apparently watched him struggle for 2 hours before even bothering to call 911.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Not the same but similar. My nephew is a junior down at IU. He lives off campus, works at the library. One evening he rode his bike down a new trail to go home. Ended up wiping out. Mild concussion, broken collar bone, possible damage to ear drum. As he is laying there a guy walks by. He asks the guy to please call 911. He was not sure of his injuries. The guy walked right by him. He calmed himself down and called 911. Maybe the dude walking by thought he was being setup for a robbery/mugging. According to my nephew it was still light out and he looked pretty tore up. Who knows anymore.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    Man, has America become so self-absorbed that that they can't take a second to see if their fellow man needs some help? You read and hear about this kind of thing and it seems hard to believe. Not so much anymore I guess.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I think a lot of it is due to the stupid pranks people try to pull by acting dead and stuff. And the fear of screwing up if you did help.

We had a girl in the HS band that had medical problems and passed out at the beginning of class 2 kids stepped over her and the teacher was just standing there watching. As I was running to check her out the self appointed "class medic" freaks out and lays her on her back and she began to choke on her tongue. Upon my arrival I immediately rolled her on her side and dislodged her tongue and then elevated her legs she came to about 30-40 seconds later. Of the 40 some people in that room only 2 of us responded, its sad really.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Yep its about impossible to get people to believe that it is impossible to swallow it. for some reason folks think it can just flip over and go down you throat. Its funny you linked that site an elderly male seizing was the only time I didn't step in to help because its best to just let them seize even if there was something to do I didnt know how to do it . I did however stand there and wait until paramedics arrived just in case something else were to happen.

I guess the word dislodged wasnt the best to use while somewhat forcefully pulling her onto her side the tongue moved out of the way and was no longer restricting her airway.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

What about a Colombian Necktie? (I'd post pix but it's kinda Icky)

I've walked over a few bodies - on campus - over the weekends.

Now in LA we had drunks pasted out outside grocery and liquor stores a lot. Usually covered in urine and vomit. SAP was to pull them away from the entrances to make room for customers. Were any of them dead? Don't know. They all smelled the same.

Yes I've lived a charmed life.

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    Man, has America become so self-absorbed that that they can't take a second to see if their fellow man needs some help? You read and hear about this kind of thing and it seems hard to believe. Not so much anymore I guess.

Unfortunately, yes. I dealt with customers at a convenience store for 10 years and nothing was stopping them from getting what they wanted. There were many times that we lost power to the store and the surrounding area and they still wanted what they came for. The gene pool needs a major dose of chlorine.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I think rural areas are less effected. You rely on your neighbors more and the communities are still more tightly knit. In the city, they are more likely to pull their cell out to put you on youtube as they are to try and help.

Top Bottom