• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Just wanted to show off my other hobby, building custom pot calls on my lathe.
    003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

This one is mahogany, slate over glass. The strikers are sycamore, walnut, osage orange, and cherry.
    DSCF7618.jpg

This one is black palm.
    I do mostly domestic woods. It gives me something to do when it gets dark so early.
    DSCF7356.jpg

DSCF7357.jpg

This one is cherry. Most of the calls are either slate over slate or slate over glass.
    I also was able to do some wine stoppers for christmas presents this year heres a couple.
    SANY0011.jpg

SANY0007.jpg

Have a great Christmas and thanks for checkin out my pics.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    To answer your question dehayse32, yes all the time. If you have a interest shoot me a pm. It's very fufilling to call in birds with calls that you made with your own hands. These calls can be super loud or soft and quiet. You can run keekees, yelps, cuts, putts, and purrs on them. If you have ever run a Custom call, you know they are far superior then production calls. I spend a lot of time in the work shop in the winter months making calls and strikers. Thanks for the kind words.

blackoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Where do you get your slate from? Some of the best sounding calls I have heard were made from old slate roofing tiles, and old chalk boards

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I first got my slate from ebay, then I started looking at the web and found the Pennsylvania Slate Company. I kept looking for other suppliers and now buy from a guy on another forum dedicated to turkey hunting. Thats also where I get my glass, chalk for boxes, and reed supplies.

dhayse32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    PM on its way. Would love to give these a whirl on some Indiana gobblers this spring. I love the sound of a homemade call!

Top Bottom