• ...and so much more!
  • CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    I used a Silencer Shop kiosk and website to buy my first suppressor in September. They cashed my check 10/14. I am trying to figure out how much longer I might have to wait. I cannot make much sense of these graphs.

I think they just recently got e-forms going. Even though I did fingerprints on the kiosk my application was submitted as paper. Does that sound right to you?

Anyone get a stamp for anything form 4 individual purchased in September yet? Im thinking I should expect it around the middle of April. Is that wishful thinking? More like July-Aug you think?

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    Paper form 4 cashed 3/29/21 still pending.

Best advice I can give you is to just forget about it you'll drive yourself nuts if you don't. I'd say 320ish days from pending is average right now. I'm at 350 days and it sucks this has been my longest one its been 374 days since I bought it.

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    Thanks everyone. I will try and forget about it for a while again.

Can I shoot a 5.56 through a .300 suppressor? I don’t have possession of the suppressors until I transfer them from my mom but I was getting my rifles ready. I bought a muzzle break / mount for my 5.56 and I got the wrong one. It fits the .300 suppressor but not the 5.56 suppressor. It was such a pain in the ass to get on straight I sure don’t want to do it again. Can I just run the .300 suppressor or will the bigger hole possibly cause baffle hits? I don’t want to ruin it. But the mount was $100 and I don’t return things that aren’t legitimately broken.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    Thanks everyone. I will try and forget about it for a while again.

Can I shoot a 5.56 through a .300 suppressor? I don’t have possession of the suppressors until I transfer them from my mom but I was getting my rifles ready. I bought a muzzle break / mount for my 5.56 and I got the wrong one. It fits the .300 suppressor but not the 5.56 suppressor. It was such a pain in the ass to get on straight I sure don’t want to do it again. Can I just run the .300 suppressor or will the bigger hole possibly cause baffle hits? I don’t want to ruin it. But the mount was $100 and I don’t return things that aren’t legitimately broken.
    No problem shooting a 5.56 through a .30cal suppressor "size wise", but you should check the manufacturers ratings. Some companies have min barrel length restrictions. If its a lightweight "hunting style" can your not gonna want to throw it on an ar15 and do mag dumps.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    I used a Silencer Shop kiosk and website to buy my first suppressor in September. They cashed my check 10/14. I am trying to figure out how much longer I might have to wait. I cannot make much sense of these graphs.

I think they just recently got e-forms going. Even though I did fingerprints on the kiosk my application was submitted as paper. Does that sound right to you?

Anyone get a stamp for anything form 4 individual purchased in September yet? Im thinking I should expect it around the middle of April. Is that wishful thinking? More like July-Aug you think?
    for reference, my last two cans were ordered january 2021, recieved february 2022. ordered through silencershop kiosk just like you did. My LGS just got back a stack of form 4's friday that were submitted between feb and march 2021.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Silencer shop may they know more than they're letting on... That or they're getting good at guessing maybe? Anyhow I got an e-mail today about one of my cans. (waiting on 2) This one had the tax stamp cashed last April. Silencer shop said in the email that I should have my approval, or be close to getting it, and wanted me to do a review on my new suppressor. They included a link to click on.

Gee, I wish I could... but no such notification from the government, or the dealer.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    You can see some averages here:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I'm about a week away from being a year since the first of two checks were cashed. Got a call from the dealer today. A tax stamp in on one of my suppressors. When I was in picking it up, guy said they were both approved, but no paperwork on the second. Probably just mailed out separately. Looking forward to another call real soon.

So, I'm now a member of the can club. Itching real bad to hit the range, or the woods, and test out my OSS Rad 22.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Registered for an SBR via form 1 on 2/19. Still pending.

Anyone contacted their congressman or senator? I'm a little worried it's buried under others.

I've also purchased more firearms this year than any other, and have two other pending NFA items.

bigz82

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Northeast Indianapolis
    Registered for an SBR via form 1 on 2/19. Still pending.

Anyone contacted their congressman or senator? I'm a little worried it's buried under others.

I've also purchased more firearms this year than any other, and have two other pending NFA items.
    I'm right there with ya. Pending since 2/1 on a SBR and have a form 4 at 374 days...but hey who's counting. Called today and did a "ask the experts" on the eforms website. Just hope that when one goes through, they both do. Good luck!

bigz82

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Northeast Indianapolis
    Got my approval today. Hope you see yours soon.
    Yeah I did!!! Congrats to you too!
    Eform 1 individual
    Pending 2/01/22
    Approved 5/02/22
    Also noticed while I was pending all the forums I read, some mentioning thanks to the person that approved it...and always was thanks Carol.. ironically mine was also Carol. This may explain way wait times are so long. She's the only one doing anything. Send this lady a fruit/easter/smoked meat basket. Good luck to those who wait.
    IM IN THE CLUB!!!

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Well damn. My form 1 was submitted 3/15. Sounds like I might have another month and a half to go. Disappointing because my two SBRs and SBS from before only took 3-4 weeks.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Yeah I did!!! Congrats to you too!
    Eform 1 individual
    Pending 2/01/22
    Approved 5/02/22
    Also noticed while I was pending all the forums I read, some mentioning thanks to the person that approved it...and always was thanks Carol.. ironically mine was also Carol. This may explain way wait times are so long. She's the only one doing anything. Send this lady a fruit/easter/smoked meat basket. Good luck to those who wait.
    IM IN THE CLUB!!!
    Yeah my other's have been Carol. This one was Jacob.

Top Bottom