• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    I have had a couple experiences of straight USPS shipments. One was a buffer for my marlin 60 .22 from Texas. It took 2 freaking weeks. It went through Missouri facilities. Wow! Stay away from Missouri facilities, as I swear it went from place to place to place, and once went back to its original destination annex in MO.

my other went via Washington or Oregon, went through Indy or Louisville, 3 days to arrive.

pretty sure it was all the same stampage.

have not notice any slow down via FedEx or UPs.
    Mine is currently going “through” several Missouri facilities... we will see. I ordered a part Tuesday received it today. FedEx 4.95 shipping.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Could be worse. UPS is bad from MidwayUSA when you use Mail innovations. (UPS cross country, then USPS last mile)

So it ships on a UPS semi from Missouri, THROUGH downtown Indianapolis and goes to Columbus, OH. They hand it off to USPS there, who drives it BACK to Indy to be delivered 3 days later. :facepalm:

Though that was in October. Probably a solid week from Columbus now.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Some people see the current state of USPS as the result of intentional disruptions caused by a Republican administration that saw mail-in voting as a threat. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/13/donald-trump-usps-post-office-election-funding (I did check to make sure this was in the political discussion area before saying this part.)

But there is also that mail is often carried across the country in the cargo areas of commercial flights. With flight numbers down and package numbers up, there's bound to be some disruption.
    Correct, and I can tell you that carrying mail pays the least and thus it is the last thing to go on and then only if weight and space allow it after higher paying items are loaded

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    UPS is bad from MidwayUSA when you use Mail innovations.

Mail Innovations is a disaster. I used to work for a company that shipped a LOT of items, and sometimes things went via Mail Innovations. MI was the only carrier that consistently gave us trouble, and it's impossible to track anything once UPS hands it off to USPS.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hi all! KellyinAvon, Statistician with people skills AND SME on parcels sent through the USPS. I look at A METRIC **** TON of USPS tracking because of where I work, and what we send though the USPS.

USPS has been getting hit hard by the COVID. The USPS always gets hit hard Thanksgiving to Christmas. This year was the worst I've seen.

Things are getting back to normal. I'm still seeing some delays in the Indy area you don't usually see. FIFO (first in first out) is still going out th window on occasion.

"In-Transit" status is complete BS. After 24 hours passes this status pops up. After another 24 hours another day gets added to the "In-Transit" status and this goes for four days. It's designed to make you feel better.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Still doing shenanigans. Package from here to the Akron area. It looks like they are getting paid by the mile for this delivery.

Tracking History
    January 18, 2021, 9:18 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
    AKRON OH DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    Your item arrived at our AKRON OH DISTRIBUTION CENTER destination facility on January 18, 2021 at 9:18 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

January 18, 2021
    In Transit to Next Facility

January 16, 2021, 8:18 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
    CLEVELAND OH DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX

January 16, 2021, 1:31 am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    AKRON OH DISTRIBUTION CENTER

January 15, 2021, 7:55 am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    CLEVELAND OH DISTRIBUTION CENTER

January 15, 2021, 1:42 am
    Departed USPS Facility
    INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46242
    January 14, 2021, 8:01 am

Arrived at USPS Facility
    INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46242

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    My homeowners insurance check, sent at the end of November, never made it to the insurance company.
    I had to get it cancelled, and have the mortgage company overnight a new check.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    In the last month, good old USPS lost my daughter's rent check. Apartment owner prefers physical check. They also lost my mother's mortgage payment. Thankfully I was able to go online and do a one time transfer. My mother is old fashioned and refuses online paying. And I just found out that they also took over a month to deliver my mother's credit card payment.

My 92 year old mother is not happy, but I am converting all her accounts to auto-pay. No more worrying about the postal service.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    In the last month, good old USPS lost my daughter's rent check. Apartment owner prefers physical check. They also lost my mother's mortgage payment. Thankfully I was able to go online and do a one time transfer. My mother is old fashioned and refuses online paying. And I just found out that they also took over a month to deliver my mother's credit card payment.

My 92 year old mother is not happy, but I am converting all her accounts to auto-pay. No more worrying about the postal service.

Anyone doubt we are quickly transferring to a cashless society ?

Top Bottom