• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Hey everyone,

Forgive the vague title but I meant for it to be that way. There's a gunshot coming up I might make my way to and I'm wondering what price range I should expect for a Ruger Redhawk. I'm looking for one to use to hunt deer with. While I'd love to find one in .357 to go along with the short barrel model I already have, I'm not limiting myself to caliber, just something with a 5.5" or 7.5" barrel. There was one in 45LC/45ACP I saw last time I should've bought but alas, I didn't.

Anyway, what should I expect? Thanks!

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Prices have gotten stupid, at least on Gunbroker. I've been wanting and kind of loosely shopping for a DA revolver in .45 Colt for a while. I passed on a 4" Redhawk in .45 Colt/.45ACP at the LGS last year that he had priced at $880, and I'm still kicking myself.

I haven't seen another locally since, and I've seen them go for over $1300 on Gunbroker.
    That's S&W Mountain Gun money, and while I'm a Ruger fan, if I'm going to pay that much, I'd rather have the Smith. There's a couple on there now for about $800, but they all have several days left, and I imagine they will go for quite a bit more than that.

I'm not going to pay that much...if prices stay that high I'm just going to be satisfied with my very nice Blackhawk convertible that I got for $600. It gets the job done, it's just a little slower to reload.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Prices have gotten stupid, at least on Gunbroker. I've been wanting and kind of loosely shopping for a DA revolver in .45 Colt for a while. I passed on a 4" Redhawk in .45 Colt/.45ACP at the LGS last year that he had priced at $880, and I'm still kicking myself.

I haven't seen another locally since, and I've seen them go for over $1300 on Gunbroker.
    That's S&W Mountain Gun money, and while I'm a Ruger fan, if I'm going to pay that much, I'd rather have the Smith. There's a couple on there now for about $800, but they all have several days left, and I imagine they will go for quite a bit more than that.

I'm not going to pay that much...if prices stay that high I'm just going to be satisfied with my very nice Blackhawk convertible that I got for $600. It gets the job done, it's just a little slower to reload.
    I'm in the same boat. I passed on two .45LC/.45 ACP Redhawks and should've gotten the second as it was exactly what I wanted to deer hunt with.

Top Bottom