Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    Fingerprints Submitted by Local PD 4/21

Approved by ISP Fri 6/16-17
    Received 6/19

Mine was waiting on ISP for nearly two months because I just recently gained proper person status through an expungement. The LTCH was the easy part. Getting the ISP to update the FBI record so I can buy from an FFL was the hard part. Got it done however and now my FFL buys go through lickity split.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dw.watts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2021
    Kokomo
    Noticing in posts a long wait between application and fingerprints. Is that an issue with some cities/counties? When I was helping my mother through it, we got her application finished and submitted at 4:30pm and were able to get fingerprints at 1pm the next day(Kokomo).
    PD visit three days after prints.
    So it was almost exactly 4 weeks to the day from start to finish.

Rifle Shooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    North Side Indy
    Hi
    After being gone from Indiana for many years, I moved back to Indy and just finished my fingerprints with L1. I've scheduled to get prints done with IMPD and pay the local fees, but I'm seeing the earliest appointments are 6 months out? Does anyone know how to get an earlier appointment with IMPD? Thanks.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hi
    After being gone from Indiana for many years, I moved back to Indy and just finished my fingerprints with L1. I've scheduled to get prints done with IMPD and pay the local fees, but I'm seeing the earliest appointments are 6 months out? Does anyone know how to get an earlier appointment with IMPD? Thanks.
    Go to another city.
    Your fingerprints don't have to be done where you live.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I see.
    I forgot that for some reason they need it done TWICE.
    That's kinda bull**** to me.

I thought Indiana said that local govs can't make gun law. Yet this seems to be a case.
    I agree it's BS, but IN code says the locals shall do an investigation...

Rifle Shooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    North Side Indy
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read online I had to do the ISP set of prints first. Which I already got accomplished and submitted digitally. The ISP website acknowledged that the digital prints have been uploaded and received. Now it's showing I must make an appointment with the local police. Which in my case, is IMPD for another set of prints, and their own investigation. I went online to schedule the IMPD portion and the earliest appointments they have are in February! Does anyone know of a way or someone to reach who can get me an earlier appointment, if possible?

street_sweeper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2021
    Indiana
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read online I had to do the ISP set of prints first. Which I already got accomplished and submitted digitally. The ISP website acknowledged that the digital prints have been uploaded and received. Now it's showing I must make an appointment with the local police. Which in my case, is IMPD for another set of prints, and their own investigation. I went online to schedule the IMPD portion and the earliest appointments they have are in February! Does anyone know of a way or someone to reach who can get me an earlier appointment, if possible?
    I am in the same boat. I started my application, got finger prints and living in Marion county I have to go through the county office, soonest date was 6 months from now.

The thing I don't understand is on the ISP site it has you acknowledge that you have 365 days from application process to complete the process but there is also a line on a different page that states you only have 90 days to have your Fingerprints and local law enforcement check completed, so which is it?

Do us Marion county residents have any options to be able to initialize the background check in a reasonable time frame? Is there any potential legal recourse possible? 6 months just to request a background check seems like infringement to me...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I am in the same boat. I started my application, got finger prints and living in Marion county I have to go through the county office, soonest date was 6 months from now.

The thing I don't understand is on the ISP site it has you acknowledge that you have 365 days from application process to complete the process but there is also a line on a different page that states you only have 90 days to have your Fingerprints and local law enforcement check completed, so which is it?

Do us Marion county residents have any options to be able to initialize the background check in a reasonable time frame? Is there any potential legal recourse possible? 6 months just to request a background check seems like infringement to me...
    First off, welcome to INGO.

This garbage being pulled by Marion County: Guy Relford is engaged on this with The 2A Project.

There should be 22 States with Constitutional Carry now. The bill passed in the House 65-31. Died in a Senate committee without a hearing.

It will be back in January when the General Assembly is back in session. Stay tuned to INGO for more ConC info.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    62   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Lifetime app on july 7th, finger prints july 12th i think waited a week after isp emailed fingerprints accepted, contacted local police copied my DL, no fee, waiting on isp now

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Or, everyone should think about this, next time Constitutional Carry comes up.

Some people actually need to defend themselves.
    And having to wait HOW LONG?

Top Bottom