• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Khj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Indiana
    Hi all. A new guy here. I escaped from Illinois during the summer. Just for perspective, I applied for Lifetime License on November 9th. Received notification that I went active on December 21, card received in the mail on the 28th. In Illinois, it can take as long as 6 months, or more, for people to receive their CCLs, despite that the law states no longer than 120 days. This is not only for 1st time applications, but people have been waiting months and months for renewals. Your state is so much more efficient and easier. This comes from the experience of someone who was able to ‘get across the wall’.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hi all. A new guy here. I escaped from Illinois during the summer. Just for perspective, I applied for Lifetime License on November 9th. Received notification that I went active on December 21, card received in the mail on the 28th. In Illinois, it can take as long as 6 months, or more, for people to receive their CCLs, despite that the law states no longer than 120 days. This is not only for 1st time applications, but people have been waiting months and months for renewals. Your state is so much more efficient and easier. This comes from the experience of someone who was able to ‘get across the wall’.
    Welcome to the United States of America, the Great State of Indiana, and INGO!! Click the link below and introduce yourself. Pretty good bunch of folks here. Kind of like a big dysfunctional family, but it's OUR big dysfunctional family :lmfao:

BigErnNP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2020
    Southeast Side
    12/8/20 submitted online application and paid state fee for lifetime license.
    1/6/21 fingerprinted ( first appt available in Greenfield when doing online application )

Was informed at the fingerprinting that I had to wait 10 days before reaching out to local sheriff (as I live in NP town limits and have to go to them instead of Greenfield) to pay local fees and background check.

So ill be reaching out on Friday to get local side completed. Will update once all is completed.

repdept

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Home
    For my Lifetime it took awhile
    Application on 10-26
    Print's 4 day's later
    Local fee's 2 day's later
    Approved on 1-8

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    My wife requested an address change on 12/20 and paid the $20 to get a new card. Today the status changed to APPROVED - DUPLICATE REQUEST IN PROGRESS.

49CJ3A

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Last week my wife and I completed steps 1 & 2 with the ISP online app and IdentoGo digital prints. We live in Marion County and for step 3 went to: www.indy.gov/firearmpermits to schedule our local Law Enforcement process and was shocked to see June 16th, 2021 as the next available date for an appointment.

Have others experienced the same for Marion Co? is it possible to schedule something with our Local IMPD district office or all must go thru the City County Building? Or am I just lucky enough to enjoy a 5 month wait with Marion County?

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Last week my wife and I completed steps 1 & 2 with the ISP online app and IdentoGo digital prints. We live in Marion County and for step 3 went to: www.indy.gov/firearmpermits to schedule our local Law Enforcement process and was shocked to see June 16th, 2021 as the next available date for an appointment.

Have others experienced the same for Marion Co? is it possible to schedule something with our Local IMPD district office or all must go thru the City County Building? Or am I just lucky enough to enjoy a 5 month wait with Marion County?
    Unfortunately, you have to go through the IMPD Citizen Services office at the City-County Building. It's a COVID thing.....:laugh::laugh:

Drboiler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2020
    Evansville
    I helped my friend through his lifetime process. Gosh maybe back in mid-December. The online process and fingerprint was easy in Evansville, done in a single day. Called vanderburg sherif to setup the local LE step, he said he had to wait a month for an appointment to just drop off the $50 in mid-Jan. He just shot me a txt saying it was showing approved online. So basically a month once he turned in local payment.

bcsatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2021
    Farmland
    I just completed application, scheduled my fingerprints for tomorrow. I just did the five year license for now. What is the purpose of the visit to a PD, other than paying fee? Additionally I wonder why the former law enforcement requirement is 20 years of service? Federal LEOSA coverage only requires 10 years of service. Seriously, anyone who has worked in LE knows that 10 years is plenty of time to become "seasoned and experienced."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2020
    Chicago
    Dropped off my app on 2/12, local PD said it's taking 3-4 months to process from start to finish. How long has it been taking for local approval/ISP approval (separately) for most folks?

BigRedActual

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2020
    MOnroe County
    Dropped off my app on 2/12, local PD said it's taking 3-4 months to process from start to finish. How long has it been taking for local approval/ISP approval (separately) for most folks?
    My local approval was no more than a couple days, ISP approval however took over the 60 days to show approved. Mileage may vary depending if you got 5 year or lifetime.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2020
    Chicago
    My local approval was no more than a couple days, ISP approval however took over the 60 days to show approved. Mileage may vary depending if you got 5 year or lifetime.
    Thanks! So does the lifetime processing usually take longer than the 5 year processing time then/it sounds like local processing time can depend on the municipality you live in?

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Anyone have any news on time delays currently? I already have my lifetime but wanted to get the “duplicate to get the plastic card” and it’s going on month 2 and still haven’t received it.

EXLINE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Hendricks Co.
    My wife requested an address change on 12/20 and paid the $20 to get a new card. Today the status changed to APPROVED - DUPLICATE REQUEST IN PROGRESS.
    Anyone have any news on time delays currently? I already have my lifetime but wanted to get the “duplicate to get the plastic card” and it’s going on month 2 and still haven’t received it.

I did a change of address on Dec 30th and requested dupe. Still waiting....

Top Bottom