Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    2 July: Applied for 5 year LTCH when I caught the system up
    31 July: Fingerprinted
    31 July: Received email from isp.in.gov thanking me for my application and fingerprints 15 minutes after fingerprinting.
    3 August: Stopped by local PD. Found out someone at ISP hadn't pressed a button yet. It was pouring down rain, I got drenched.
    3 August: Logged into https://firearms.ariesportal.com/, still shows pending fingerprints, I will keep an eye on it.
    4 August: Pending local approval
    5 August: Paperwork dropped off at local PD
    14 August: Local approval/pending ISP approval
    2 September: Approved by ISP
    5 September: Received in mail

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Applied/fingerprinted back on April 4th/8th, trying to beat the rush everyone knew was coming. Couldn't pay my local fees because of the shut down. Requested a refund, since there's no point in paying for something that's going to be free before you're allowed to pay for it. Got an email a few days later saying my check was in the mail. Application expired and, of course, couldn't log in to start a new one. Two and a half weeks ago I tried to log in, on a whim, and - lo and behold! - it says my fingerprints have been accepted and I have 180 days (uh, what?) to pay my local fees. So, went down to pay my fees, and ten minutes later checked on the Aries Portal to see that my local fees had been accepted, and my LTCH was "Pending ISP Approval". Of course, this status hasn't changed since, but I received my $30 check yesterday. Here's hoping this isn't all some glitch that keeps me waiting on no license for a year.

Last edited:

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    There are two locations in Merrillville now. The second one opened this week, I think today, so locals may want to check on earlier dates.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Applied/fingerprinted back on April 4th/8th, trying to beat the rush everyone knew was coming. Couldn't pay my local fees because of the shut down. Requested a refund, since there's no point in paying for something that's going to be free before you're allowed to pay for it. Got an email a few days later saying my check was in the mail. Application expired and, of course, couldn't log in to start a new one. Two and a half weeks ago I tried to log in, on a whim, and - lo and behold! - it says my fingerprints have been accepted and I have 180 days (uh, what?) to pay my local fees. So, went down to pay my fees, and ten minutes later checked on the Aries Portal to see that my local fees had been accepted, and my LTCH was "Pending ISP Approval". Of course, this status hasn't changed since, but I received my $30 check yesterday. Here's hoping this isn't all some glitch that keeps me waiting on no license for a year.

Seems that I was right to be wondering. Just got off the phone with ISP after not being able to reach anyone for two days (understandably), and was informed that, even though I was given an extension and allowed to pay my local fees, because I was issued a refund by ISP, I now have to start a new application to receive my free license, even though everything on the website indicates that I'm just waiting on my background check, and I don't even have the option of reapplying.
    It's a good thing I don't need this for work, or anything... oh, wait...

Chris783016

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    Did local check on 8/16
    Isp approved 9/9

does anyone know how long it takes from approved til in the mailbox?

rhrlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2020
    Carmel
    Do I have to wait until "pending fingerprints" changes in Aries before I go into my local PD? Did fingerprints on Monday, received an email after, but Aries doesn't seem to reflect that yet.

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Do I have to wait until "pending fingerprints" changes in Aries before I go into my local PD? Did fingerprints on Monday, received an email after, but Aries doesn't seem to reflect that yet.
    Depends on the agency. We will take your money and just keep checking daily to submit. Others don't.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    SherylinAvon's application:
    23 July: Applied for 5 year LTCH
    First available fingerprinting in Danville: 24 September
    24 September: fingerprints in Danville/shows pending fingerprints on ariesportal.com

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    Applied to renew and go lifetime today 8/6
    1st available fingerprint appointment within 20 miles- 9/23 in Jeffersonville
    update: printed yesterday and was advised to check website monday, as checks have been running 3-4 days

Updated: prints approved today (wed, 9/30). Headed to pay local tomorrow.

Last edited:

rhrlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2020
    Carmel
    7/24 - Received IN Driver's license
    7/26 - Applied for LTC (lifetime) online and realized I should have done this weeks ago when I moved here even w/o the DL since the fingerprint wait is so long
    9/14 - Earliest fingerprint availability near me

Update
    9/19 - Local fees paid
    9/29 - Local approval complete - pending ISP approval

I'm glad I'm getting the lifetime permit because I do not want to go through this process again.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    All right. Final update on my situation, with a sum-up rather than a quadruple quote:

Applied/fingerprinted in April.
    Not allowed to pay local fees... blah, blah, give me a refund, blah, blah.
    Fingerprint deadline extended in August; paid local fees (New Haven) same day.
    Pending ISP approval.
    Pending ISP approval.
    Pending ISP approval.
    Called ("Mail us back that refund check.")
    Mailed them back that refund check.
    9/28: Called back again. They received it. I'm approved as of today and just waiting on the mail.

I doubt anyone is having the exact same issue I did, trying to beat the rush, but the gist of it is, although I've now paid full price for the five year license, I'll be getting it about the same time as many who just waited.
    Moral of the story?
    Don't forget your muzzle when you go out in public, because I have the flu.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    24 September: fingerprints in Danville/shows pending fingerprints on ariesportal.com
    2 October: Pending Local Approval

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    Update :Applied to renew and go lifetime 8/6
    1st available fingerprint appointment within 20 miles- 9/23 in Jeffersonville
    update: printed and was advised to check website monday, as checks have been running 3-4 days

Updated: prints approved wed, 9/30 Headed to pay local tomorrow.
    Did not get in to pay local until Monday 10/5. I was advised I would receive in 4-6 weeks

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    2 October: Pending Local Approval
    6 October: Paperwork dropped off at Avon PD
    6 October: Pending ISP approval (WOW!!)

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I think my local office somehow lost me, gave them my fingerprint stuff on 6-30 and then went back and asked about the application on 8-21. You never want to hear "I can't find you" but after some looking I was found. When I got home later that day I had an e-mail from ISP saying they had received the application. So I am at about 51 days waiting on ISP, the web site says not to call until they have exceeded the 60 day time period. Looks like I will be calling in ten more days if nothing has changed when I check status. It is somewhat understandable since my guess is a lot of people started applying on July first when it became free. Jim.

Top Bottom