• ...and so much more!
  • marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    FYI - My wife had an appointment in Hammond for her fingerprints on the 8th and could not make it. I went online to change the appt. for her and see that the Hammond IdentGo on Russel St. shows closed, even on the date of her appointment. They did not send her any info about this, so if you have an appointment at Hammond check to be sure it's still good. I guess it was a good thing that she needed to reschedule.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Q- Can one apply for a 5 year whilst having a valid lifetime In order to expedite NICS/4473?

There have been a lot of "delayed" responses lately I've noticed. Perhaps because of overload/ traffic? Everyone is kind of in a buy frenzy these days.
    Not an issue, just curious. Would it be more effective to get a UPIN?

Edit: Answered my own Q. The language is there at the state level, but only the feds can allow that. They are currently not. Lame

"The five year LTCH will*NOT*qualify as an alternative to the NICS background check requirement.**The language is in place in the statute to create the groundwork needed for the NICS exemption however the NICS check is governed Federally. Only the ATF can certify the five year LTCH* to qualify as an alternative to the NICS requirements. Currently there is no additional information on if or when the Indiana five year LTCH may become an alternative to the NICS background check."
    Source: IN.gov/isp

Last edited:

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    for those indy area folks having to schedule a month or more out, there seems to be lots of appt times at the crosspoint blvd location at 106th and 69. also note that the location at 71st and binford 'unexpectedly closed', so you will need to do a new appt since it says your existing reg id is not valid and they charge you another 12.95.

Dulla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    NWI
    7/23/20 - Received an email that I have no criminal history and my application has been submitted to ISP by my local authority and I should receive my license within 60 days.

Time for my favorite activity! waiting...:(

8/13/20 - Approved! Hopefully it doesn't take too long to show up in the mail. Hate not being able to carry, especially when I have to make the drive back to Chicago.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    2 July: Applied for 5 year LTCH when I caught the system up
    31 July: Fingerprinted
    31 July: Received email from isp.in.gov thanking me for my application and fingerprints 15 minutes after fingerprinting.
    3 August: Stopped by local PD. Found out someone at ISP hadn't pressed a button yet. It was pouring down rain, I got drenched.
    3 August: Logged into https://firearms.ariesportal.com/, still shows pending fingerprints, I will keep an eye on it.
    4 August: Pending local approval
    5 August: Paperwork dropped off at local PD
    14 August: Local approval/pending ISP approval

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    SherylinAvon's application:
    23 July: Applied for 5 year LTCH
    First available fingerprinting in Danville: 24 September

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I got my approval earlier this afternoon. Now we just need the Feds to get the ball rolling with the NICS alternative stuff.

^^^This!!^^^ If any of the .gov-types monitoring this site could send an email in support of decreasing the workload of the folks in Clarksburg, West Virginia that would be really cool.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    A buddy at work applied in early July and flashed me his new pink card today! He talked with someone else at the lunch table thru the covid/prisoner divider and they had just received theirs as well.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    A buddy at work applied in early July and flashed me his new pink card today! He talked with someone else at the lunch table thru the covid/prisoner divider and they had just received theirs as well.

I have a co-worker who applied for the lifetime right before the free (almost) 5 year mountain of applications showed up. Received it this week.

Dan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Warsaw
    Got my lifetime about 9 years ago. Application, sheriffs department, fingerprints, approval and wait on the physical license to arrive.

hkflyer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 27, 2020
    Bloomington
    I applied for the VA non-resident in May and it still hasn't come. Thinking of reapplying for an Indy LTC because I don't know if I'll ever receive the VA one...

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I applied for the VA non-resident in May and it still hasn't come. Thinking of reapplying for an Indy LTC because I don't know if I'll ever receive the VA one...

If you are an Indiana resident and intend to carry in Indiana you must have an Indiana LTCH. Indiana recognizes all other state carry permits/licenses as long as you are not an Indiana resident. Also some states will not issue an out of state carry permits unless you have one from your state of residence.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If you are an Indiana resident and intend to carry in Indiana you must have an Indiana LTCH. Indiana recognizes all other state carry permits/licenses as long as you are not an Indiana resident. Also some states will not issue an out of state carry permits unless you have one from your state of residence.

^^^This!!^^^ Plus B-Town had some of the shortest waits for fingerprinting I saw. About a month less than Hendricks County.

Top Bottom