• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Did anyone in Carmel read about the guy who hung his flag upside down in last week's Current in Carmel (free weekly rag that comes Tuesdays)?

This week there's a nice snippy response by some shrill woman. Apparently, libs can burn flags, but a guy who sees a dire threat to his country in the upcoming presidency cannot signal it by hanging his flag upside down.

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    Mine has been upside down for 9 years. From the first time that I was able to understand the Constitution and how far we have drifted from it.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Are they in distress? :D Sorry Sorry, couldnt resist.

In all seriousness, flag burners really, well, suck. They want to tackle a system or culture they dont like but dont have the balls to confront it head on, either with action or grassroots political action. No. They have only the cahones to attack a symbol of the nation they rage against inadequately. These are the same folks that will say their piece on some far flung forum, but you meet them in real life, they clam up quick. I assure you wont find that with me. What I say here, I would have no qualms saying to people in public. Say nothing that you should have to apologize for, but never apologize for anything you say from the heart (there is a difference between saying from the heart and saying from the heat of a moment).

Flag upside down? Good man. He sees distress in his nation, views his nation under siege. A more powerful symbol of defiance against what he dislikes you will not find one. While I personally believe things are going to be different and not as bad as folks want me to believe, I firmly hold this man's flag decision highly and respect him highly for it. With his flag gesture, he doesnt attack the symbol of the nation, he holds it high but respectfully shows his displeasure at the current affairs. THAT is action. Burning a flag should only be done if it is corroded or frayed, not to mention by the approved people (take that puppy to a VFW post, I had to do that once, VERY nice ceremony).

Top Bottom