• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    armalitesheepdog said:
    I may be naive but what the hell is a whippet.....Some kinda dope.
    (Insert Hank Hill voice)
    No really what is it?
    Laughing gas(n2o) the small cartridges are used to make whipped cream.
    Whippet is a brand name for the kit that you put a cartridge in for whipped cream. It’s also slang for the kit to fill a balloon with nitrous for inhalation. Inhaling the gas is called doing a whippet.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    (Insert Hank Hill voice)
    No really what is it?
    They're nitrous oxide (laughing gas, like you would get at a dentist). They're made for making whipped cream. Not sure of the exact process, but I think they would screw into the bottom of a container with cream in it and when activated would "whip" the cream, and provide the pressure to dispense it as well.

Commercial whipped cream has NO2 in it. Allegedly, you can get a slight "laughing gas" buzz from the end of the can after the "cream" is gone if the can is still pressurized. I've also heard that you can hold them upright and depress the nozzle as if you were dispensing it, but since it's upright, the cream doesn't dispense.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    (Insert Hank Hill voice)
    No really what is it?
    It's nitrous oxide that people inhale to get high. Some put it in balloons or right out of the whip cream maker. Steve O from Jackass was big into it. Don't know if that's when it became a thing or not.

ed1838

Master
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    Whippet is a brand name for the kit that you put a cartridge in for whipped cream. It’s also slang for the kit to fill a balloon with nitrous for inhalation. Inhaling the gas is called doing a whippet.
    Well I learned something new. I thought someone had air gun or maybe paint ball wars. Had to dispose of the evidence. Still I hate it just threw out for someone else to cleanup.

Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    It's nitrous oxide that people inhale to get high. Some put it in balloons or right out of the whip cream maker. Steve O from Jackass was big into it. Don't know if that's when it became a thing or not.
    Wow. When I was young people just drank beer and smoked pot. A least the people I grew up with. Jack Daniel's would be pushing it.

Gredwar

Plinker
    Apr 2, 2022
    Fort wayne
    Wow thats a lot of guessing about the what LOL. the fact is that some people just don't care. I grew up being told if you pack it in the pack it out when you leave so this always leaves me wondering about the character of the individuals who don't practice that

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Now I don't know what to think. :dunno:
    He lead a much more sheltered life than I did. Or more likely, just made better decisions! :lmfao: I was a child of the 70's. There wasn't much that I wasn't trying back then.

iu

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    (Insert Hank Hill voice)
    No really what is it?
    N2O or nitrous oxide.
    It's what dentists use to kill pain
    Also used in car racing, nitrous oxide injection gives cars a hell of a boost.
    Partiers just called it "laughing gas"

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm kind of wondering if it was used for drug manufacturing...

I doubt it, too expensive to use the little cartridges when you can just buy a large tank and get it refilled as needed. It's used to carbonate home brew beer and soda. The soda stream things they sell use a propreitary tank, but I've heard of people modding them to take a standard one as well. Not to mention larger scale such as soda machines at restaurants and such.

I'm going with the nitrous guesses myself. Probably kids having a party(ies) and didn't want the parents to find them in the trash.

Top Bottom