• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    And a few hundred yards further down, this… Clearly not a case of littering. Some kind of pest control going on here on the telephone wires across the road? BDA2AA15-A789-406A-96E6-706A85705F9F.jpeg

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    That would be a LOT of shooting. Do they use those in any construction applications?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Definitely strange. No matter what they were used for why just throw them out in a field or side of the road.

I hate people dumping their trash out for someone else to deal with. The dirt road around the corner from me is the dumping grounds for many and it pisses me off.

I think DD is probably right and they're nitrous oxide canisters.

Last edited:

stocknup

Expert
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    It is kind of odd .....looks like someone took the time to gather them up from somewhere ? ( both have trash bags in the photos)
    Then tossed them from a vehicle ?
    That is a Lot of canisters . Can`t imagine what you would have to be doing to go thru that many .

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I find trash much like that on the roadside of the property I hunt in Tippecanoe county.
    I have picked up and disposed of, in no particular order, all of the following,
    Toilet
    Queen box springs and mattress
    Deer carcasses
    A dog carcass
    Cowlings from the front end of cars
    Meth lab remnants
    Flower pots with unknown dead plants
    Alcohol bottles
    Fast food wrappers
    An aquarium...

I routinely walk the length of the property and police the trash even though the property doesn't belong to me.
    I feel it's the least I can do for the owner since they give me permission to hunt.
    That, and I just can't stand to look out over my hunting ground and see trash everywhere.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I find trash much like that on the roadside of the property I hunt in Tippecanoe county.
    I have picked up and disposed of, in no particular order, all of the following,
    Toilet
    Queen box springs and mattress
    Deer carcasses
    A dog carcass
    Cowlings from the front end of cars
    Meth lab remnants
    Flower pots with unknown dead plants
    Alcohol bottles
    Fast food wrappers
    An aquarium...

I routinely walk the length of the property and police the trash even though the property doesn't belong to me.
    I feel it's the least I can do for the owner since they give me permission to hunt.
    That, and I just can't stand to look out over my hunting ground and see trash everywhere.
    We used to camp in the "party cove" at Lake Monroe when DoggyMama and I first got together. We got tired of spending the first couple of hours before we could even set up camp, cleaning up all the trash left behind by the previous "campers" that had used the spot (not in a campground - just a place on shore). There would be broken beer bottles, food cans, and all manner of trash left behind.

We started camping on the idle zone side of the lake and it was much different. There would occasionally be "some" trash, but nothing like the other side.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think the nitrous ones have to have a green stripe or a green end on them to denote they contain N2O.

Those look like CO2 for sure.

Edit: found it, red
    View attachment 192421
    I didn't know about the marking, but there's also a slight size difference too I think. Of course that couldn't be determined from the pics. I'm still leaning toward some kind of illicit use due to the quantity involved. Maybe someone was paranoid about having them show up in their trash if they were being watched by the police or something.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom