• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hulberr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Angola
    AKA down size, cleaning out the safe... selling guns. Who else has made this mistake? I’ve done it twice and now I seriously regret doing it. Some of the stuff I got rid for one stupid reason or another, I would give almost anything to get back. The most notable are an ERA M1917, 1972 Browning HI-Power, and a Kimber Eclipse 45acp and the list goes on. What was your biggest regret?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    AKA down size, cleaning out the safe... selling guns. Who else has made this mistake? I’ve done it twice and now I seriously regret doing it. Some of the stuff I got rid for one stupid reason or another, I would give almost anything to get back. The most notable are an ERA M1917, 1972 Browning HI-Power, and a Kimber Eclipse 45acp and the list goes on. What was your biggest regret?

My biggest regret is that I wasn't around when you were getting rid of the Browning.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I've got a tip for you guys/gals, instead of selling your prized guns, sell off the ammo of the guns you're not currently using but keep the guns.

This frees up safe space and might even make you a couple bucks more so than what the gun would.

When ammo is cheap again you can always buy up more ammo, but you can't always buy back cherished treasures for the money you got for the one you sold.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've got a tip for you guys/gals, instead of selling your prized guns, sell off the ammo of the guns you're not currently using but keep the guns.

This frees up safe space and might even make you a couple bucks more so than what the gun would.

When ammo is cheap again you can always buy up more ammo, but you can't always buy back cherished treasures for the money you got for the one you sold.
    If and when ammo is ever cheap again I will most likely be done with my time on a trigger. I lay even money it will never ever be cheap again.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The one I regretted selling the most was a Springfield Armory M1A in the 0761xx Serial# range I bought in the early 1990's that had all GI parts, with Christmas money I got as a gift from my parents.

Have a good friend who kept after me to sell it to him, and I finally sold it to him.
    After my dad passed, I really regretted selling it.
    Lucky for me, my friend sold it back to me, and I still have it.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Many years ago my old man handed down an H&R Sidekick .22 Revolver 9 shot with a slab sided barrel and black holster to me. It was missing the rear sight. It had white”ish” grips. I’d learned to shoot it without the sight.
    We ( pops and me) had a falling out… in a fit of angry spite I sold it for cheap at a gun show at the Fort Wayne Coliseum.
    I lost dad to covid while he was imprisoned in a nursing home in Huntington this last December.
    I’ve since learned a few lessons in life. Things I thought were important… turns out they really weren’t.
    I wish I could get that gun back.

I’m sorry dad… I love you and I miss you.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I regret selling my Marlin 1897 Texan .22 cal lever action. Marlin only made them for like 2 years. Now if you can find one they are bringing north of 1K.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    S&W model 19 6in in like new beautiful blue. No turn line. In box w/papers and hang tag. . Was a late 70s I never have seen another that had that nice of a finish. Sold it years ago for $450.
    All the others I don't really care but I sure would like that one back. I dont sell them anymore.

Top Bottom