• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Sold my High Standard model HB pre-war without the safety, only 2600 of them were made.

Let my brother have my Winchester model 37 Red Letter pigtail 12ga.

A Marlin 336 made in 1957.

A National Postal Meter M1 Carbine.

Winchester Model 12 Heavy Duck. And...

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I guess the one benefit of only being able to afford inexpensive guns is that there's not much attachment when they get moved on. Sold/traded a few plastic pistols and have been satisfied with each transaction.

I do have a couple shotguns and a .22 rifle that, while not high dollar items, do have greater value to me. They would only be sold as a last resort.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    My biggest regret is the S&W model 28-2 that my wife bought me as a college graduation present. I carried it on duty with two agencies and had it brush hard chromed to keep my sweaty body from rusting it. I traded it for a High Standard Victor .22 target pistol.

Spring1898

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 13, 2021
    North of Galveston
    1970's Marlin 1895, Straight Stock 45/70.
    Only one of 2 that I had ever seen personally with a straight stock. Didn't know what I had at the time, sold it to a friend's dad as his bear gun.
    Picked up a Henry to replace it, but would rather have my Marlin back.

IUprof

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Depends on why you are culling. If you need funds that is one thing, but if you don’t shoot them that’s another. Two I’d like to have back are a Mini14 tactical 223 and a Marlin 1894 JM stamped 357/38.

When I moved to TX I sold out of .308 which meant my M1a and Savage 10, both of which I loved to shoot, but nowhere here close to do so.

I’m not a collector but rather an enthusiast, so I don’t have any attachment to my guns really.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nightboard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2021
    New Castle
    I've whittled my collection down to mostly heirlooms. The only things I wish I had kept where the extra SKS's. Had two Chinese SKS's back in the 90's, and I regret getting rid of them.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Only one of 2 that I had ever seen personally with a straight stock. Didn't know what I had at the time, sold it to a friend's dad as his bear gun.
    Look like this one?

Attachments

• IMG_20210415_185241530.jpg
      IMG_20210415_185241530.jpg
      6 MB · Views: 11

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Look like this one?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    There have been a few I somewhat regret but I am always looking ahead.
    This is me. I sold a S&W Model 586 and was sorry I did so. It took me over 20 years to replace it but I got a 4" barrel this time vs 6" and I like it better. So an improvement as far as I'm concerned.

I sold a Shield and was almost immediately kicking myself for that one. But then I got a 2.0 without the safety so several improvements there.

I sold a Ruger Single Six. Sorry I sold that one but I won't pay what they are selling for now. I guess I don't want it back bad enough.

Other than that, not sorry about anything else. I spent a couple years buying and selling to figure out what I wanted.

I now have enough that I am not wanting for anything.

Though I do see firearms that I like, but just not enough to invest any more money.

That said, I don't have any firearms that are set up for any type of action shooting so if I shoot any matches, it will be with standard run of the mill firearms.

Like Saturday when I shot a Steel Challenge with my Ruger MKII, factory. A lot of folks there had some pretty racy guns. :)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There are a few that I regret letting go of. A Finn M39 was sold for $250 a while back. An M1 Carbine should not have left the collection too. An early nickel 586 was one that should never have left.

Then, there are others that I liked and enjoyed but don’t regret letting go of. Glock 20s. I had one, didn’t like it that much and sold it. Then I decided I needed another and realized that I didn’t like it much and sold that one as well. Neither were bad but neither are missed either.

I’ve sold a bunch of stuff over the last year and don’t really miss most of them, but do wish I had thought longer on a couple before sending them away.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    AKA down size, cleaning out the safe... selling guns. Who else has made this mistake? I’ve done it twice and now I seriously regret doing it. Some of the stuff I got rid for one stupid reason or another, I would give almost anything to get back. The most notable are an ERA M1917, 1972 Browning HI-Power, and a Kimber Eclipse 45acp and the list goes on. What was your biggest regret?

1 - Clark Custom Combat conversion on a Springfield Armory 1911 - the most accurate semi-auto centerfire pistol I ever owned. Sold it for money to move up to Indiana back in 1988. Then after moving up here I find a pistol league in Muncie!

2- Sako P94S Varmint - a 22lr - traded it in an epic bout of stupidity.

3 - Weatherby MK XXII semi auto 22. The nicest looking 22lr I ever owned , quite a good shooter. Bought it new for around $269 if I recall , wish I had it back!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    3 - Weatherby MK XXII semi auto 22. The nicest looking 22lr I ever owned , quite a good shooter. Bought it new for around $269 if I recall , wish I had it back!

Ah, now I understand asking me about mine. Yes, they are nice and not all that common. Keep looking though. My brother in TN just picked one up a few weeks ago.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Up until recently, I had never sold any firearm. I have given several away that I miss. I gave 2 away to a brother of mine, when he helped my folks out financially several times. I felt he deserved a nice reward - my Browning BAR .243 Safari and Browning Gold Hunter 12 gauge. While I miss them, they're still in the family, so I get to visit them.

I also gave 2 away to my Dad for Christmases past, that I recently received back when he passed this February, so those hold a special place in my heart - 1978 Winchester 9422 magnum with the smooth stocks, and a S&W 617 I bought brand new in '95 or '96. A while back I came across the receipt for the 617, at like $480 dollars or so. That was a lot of money for me in '95 - I'll bet I was drunk-shopping back then. I'm almost happy I quit doing that, but my Dad got a lot of pleasure out of that 617 for a lot of years.

Top Bottom