• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    i like that. it also helps save ammo sighting in at 100yds by doing it a 7yds. i wonder how hard it is to swap out my rear sight? (dont have much experience disassembling my rear sight )

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    My thoughts:

1) This is a hardware solution to a software problem.

2) It provides no benefit if you use an Aimpoint or other optic as your primary sighting system.

3) "Shooting out of the notch" (i.e. aligning your sights so the front sight post appears to sit atop the ghost ring aperture) can be used to achieve approximately the same effect using the standard iron sights.

4) If I made the decision to adopt this sight system, I'd have to buy multiple sets in order to equip all my ARs identically for commonality of training. At $35 a pop, that adds up to a substantial outlay of cash pretty quickly.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Without wanting to repeat what shooter521 said, this product will likely not find demand. With the current technology, few are those who prefer iron sights.

As a back up sight, I don't think it is optimal or fullfill a purpose. It occludes vision and in the event that the optic goes down, the optic frame makes a much faster rear sight for the distances the notch was designed.

While I have not shot with one, I would be interested to see if the notch interferes with aperture. I had an A.R.M.S. #40A2 with a similar notch for longer distances, which I did not like at all. When focusing on the front sight, it made the small aperture seem as a semi-circle and a pain to align. I got rid of it.

I have utmost respect for Mr. Howe and I would like to train under him at some point, but I think there are better sighting systems.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    While I have not shot with one, I would be interested to see if the notch interferes with aperture. I had an A.R.M.S. #40A2 with a similar notch for longer distances, which I did not like at all.

The "notch" on the small ap of the #40A2 is actually a horizon line to help prevent unintentional canting of the rifle when shooting at distant targets. I've got a couple of them and having the top of the ring cut off doesn't bother me at all, but it is noticeable. Of course, I don't use my backup irons all that much, and the small aperture even less frequently. ;)

Top Bottom