• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    In the 1960's citizens of the UNITED States of America had a reasonable expectation of being treated the same as they traveled through the nation. Then came 1968 gun control laws, and a whole lot of other political upheaval. Since then, more and more attacks on the the Constitutional rights of citizens has cut up this country like we are traveling through different countries like in Europe. I want my country back.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I'm amazed how many people worry about the intricate details of "the law" when it comes to to the most elemental natural right of self defense. In most instances carrying a firearm when it "displeases the crown" is a misdemeanor (even in Illinois).

I live my life and the decisions I make weighing out the risks and rewards as I see fit to me.
    This!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    In the 1960's citizens of the UNITED States of America had a reasonable expectation of being treated the same as they traveled through the nation. Then came 1968 gun control laws, and a whole lot of other political upheaval. Since then, more and more attacks on the the Constitutional rights of citizens has cut up this country like we are traveling through different countries like in Europe. I want my country back.
    Um . . . not really, Leo. Not all citizens.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    History, Leo. Not all citizens were treated the same in all states. I shall leave it there, nothing about you, just pointing out that history demonstrates otherwise.

Does not it right for any state to discriminate against our right to arms, but historically your statement is . . . not quite accurate.

Reactions: Leo

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I see your point.

I was speaking about life in my times. I grew socially aware about 1966. I was poor white trash traveling with 1st generation immigrants who were clumsy with the language. I grew up in a heavily racially integrated area, and I never saw troubles crossing state lines. I cannot speak for things before my experience. I read extensively of cultural problems earlier in history while getting my degree.

My statement would have been better explained that a lot of problems were nearly solved by the late 1960's and now more problems are being added.

Top Bottom