• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ed steinberry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2022
    New castle
    I’ve had a couple alien gear holsters in the past. I’ve considered trying crossbreed for my Glock 43x mos. Has anybody tried crossbreed and regretted it? I’m not sure if I would like leather more than the material alien gear uses. But crossbreed offers a holster that fits my tlr7 sub I want to carry on it.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Crossbreed is a good holster. I had a super tuck but sold it with the pistol that fit it. I have alien gear also. The clips on the crossbreed were stouter and the kydex was a tighter fit. For what it's worth, both were the leather backing. I've known others that have crossbreeds and none of us has regrets. Crossbreed seconds.com has good deals on blems. Mine was a blem and I never did see the defect.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm an exception, most people like it, but I found Crossbreed to be both uncomfortable in the extreme and difficult to get a correct grip from. The backing plate was the exact wrong size and shape for me and my pistol. The clips were also rough on things. MTAC holsters are more money than either option you listed but are, IMO, much better quality.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm an exception, most people like it, but I found Crossbreed to be both uncomfortable in the extreme and difficult to get a correct grip from. The backing plate was the exact wrong size and shape for me and my pistol. The clips were also rough on things. MTAC holsters are more money than either option you listed but are, IMO, much better quality.
    You cant get a correct grip without the Combat Cut, IMHO. I ended up cutting my own.

I have tried both. I like Crossbreed better.
    Also check out crossbreed seconds for a good deal. Its a little different. Its all the stuff that they goofed and missed the mark with QC but are still good. (or somebody like BBI tried on and returned under their guarantee) You dont buy them normally.

You choose the holster you want and "order" it. That marks it sold for 2 weeks. You then mail in a copy of your order with a money order and when that arrives on their end, your holster ships. Dont send the MO, it goes back on the shelf. I bought a seconds, and it was still a fine holster.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

There you go again ..... making me spend my hard earned money on things that I probably don't need .... but would like, based on your recommendation ! ;)

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    Agreed on the combat cut. I've had crossbreeds before and the fact that they charge extra to shape the holster the way it should have been cut in the first place is the reason I won't even consider crossbreed anymore.

If you want to try a leather backed holster skip crossbreed and try Hidden Hybrid Holsters instead.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Agreed on the combat cut. I've had crossbreeds before and the fact that they charge extra to shape the holster the way it should have been cut in the first place is the reason I won't even consider crossbreed anymore.

If you want to try a leather backed holster skip crossbreed and try Hidden Hybrid Holsters instead.
    Just make the cut yourself. Its easy with kitchen shears or other HEAVY duty scissors. (or a utility knife if you are crazy)

Ed steinberry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2022
    New castle
    You cant get a correct grip without the Combat Cut, IMHO. I ended up cutting my own.

Also check out crossbreed seconds for a good deal. Its a little different. Its all the stuff that they goofed and missed the mark with QC but are still good. (or somebody like BBI tried on and returned under their guarantee) You dont buy them normally.

You choose the holster you want and "order" it. That marks it sold for 2 weeks. You then mail in a copy of your order with a money order and when that arrives on their end, your holster ships. Dont send the MO, it goes back on the shelf. I bought a seconds, and it was still a fine holster.

What exactly is the combat cut? Is it just cutting the backing away around the grip?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So the kydex or the leather requires modifications?
    No. the leather backer is the difference.
    Standard cut the entire slide is protected from your body. Your body never contacts the metal. But you also cant quite get your thumb web where it needs to be on the backstrap because the leather is in the way.

Combat cut they cut the leather so part of the slide will contact your body, but you can now get your thumb where it needs to go. It means the cold slide will touch you, but the slide warms up eventually.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

And I love how they claim its an "additional" cut to squeeze a few extra bucks out of us. They dont need to cut again. Just use a different template. And even if it IS additional, $5 for 5-10 seconds of work? Salty. (thats my only complaint about them)

Last edited:

Ed steinberry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2022
    New castle

And I love how they claim its an "additional" cut to squeeze a few extra bucks out of us. They dont need to cut again. Just use a different template. And even if it IS additional, $5 for 5-10 seconds of work? Salty. (thats my only complaint about them)
    I prefer Stealthgear over both.
    I’ve always been interested in stealthgear since I got the 43x but those prices hurt. I don’t mind spending money if I’m gonna carry it every day but I’d want to try one out before I dropped that kind of cash.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I did cut my own. Still didn't care for it and when I was fatter I found the unreinforced leather flap partially covered the kydex opening when viewed from above. The dual layer of the MTAC negated the love handle nudge and allowed for holstering without angling/flaggin.

Smaller guns may work better, but I did not like it at all for the full size Sig P2XX series.

Ed steinberry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2022
    New castle
    I’ve had a couple alien gear holsters in the past. I’ve considered trying crossbreed for my Glock 43x mos. Has anybody tried crossbreed and regretted it? I’m not sure if I would like leather more than the material alien gear uses. But crossbreed offers a holster that fits my tlr7 sub I want to carry on it.
    Or
    Or does anyone know of any other company offering a Glock 43x with the TLR7 sub holster? I don’t want to give up my light if I can avoid it. I may drop down to a tlr6 since there are more holster options but I haven’t decided yet.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I’ve always been interested in stealthgear since I got the 43x but those prices hurt. I don’t mind spending money if I’m gonna carry it every day but I’d want to try one out before I dropped that kind of cash.
    I'd offer to let you try mine, but I'm a lefty and I don't carry a Glock. I had a Crossbreed, but I have no idea where it went to after I bought a stealthgear. They offer a 30 day trial period.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    No. the leather backer is the difference.
    Standard cut the entire slide is protected from your body. Your body never contacts the metal. But you also cant quite get your thumb web where it needs to be on the backstrap because the leather is in the way.

Combat cut they cut the leather so part of the slide will contact your body, but you can now get your thumb where it needs to go. It means the cold slide will touch you, but the slide warms up eventually.
    Thank you I think I will stick with my Milt Sparks.

Top Bottom