• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My FIL gave me an older Crosman American Classic model 1377 BB/pellet gun. Takes the .177 pellets/BBs. By the serial number, it is from May, 1980. At the time, it was completely locked up. The trigger would not move, and it could not be pumped. I managed to free it up, but it does not build any pressure. After tearing it down, all of the seals were complete garbage and the internals were soaked in oil. I suspect it dried up and "froze", and my FIL soaked it in whatever oil he had to break it loose.

Looks like I can get a new seal kit for about $30 delivered.

Worth the time and $$$ to try making it work again?

I have a nice .22 air rifle already. Don't really NEED another bb gun.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Dude, I have SO MANY $30 projects. All the fun I can stand.

If a working 1377 isn't worth anything, and I don't really need it, then $30 and another hour of time could be spent on something else pretty easily.

Being a glutton for punishment, I'll probably just do it.

hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    My FIL gave me an older Crosman American Classic model 1377 BB/pellet gun. Takes the .177 pellets/BBs. By the serial number, it is from May, 1980. At the time, it was completely locked up. The trigger would not move, and it could not be pumped. I managed to free it up, but it does not build any pressure. After tearing it down, all of the seals were complete garbage and the internals were soaked in oil. I suspect it dried up and "froze", and my FIL soaked it in whatever oil he had to break it loose.

Looks like I can get a new seal kit for about $30 delivered.

Worth the time and $$$ to try making it work again?

I have a nice .22 air rifle already. Don't really NEED another bb gun.

It's not worth rebuilding, imo. I owned a similar 1377 from the 80's and attempted a rebuild. It turned into a money pit.

After dumping money into it and it still not performing to my expectations, I tossed it in the trash and bought a new Crosman 1322. Couldn't be happier!

Top Bottom