CRKT Provoke is popping holes in my shirt!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    IN NEED OF IDEAS!

So I received the CRKT Provoke for Christmas from my wife. Awesome knife.... with one issue.

I wore it IWB all day yesterday. So knife IWB, clip OWB, but under my belt. Carries super deep and completely disappears. But when I got home yesterday, I untucked my shirt and found about 15 holes where the tip of the blade is.
    1f92c.png

I need a mod idea to prevent that. So far I've thought about a thin bead of JB-Weld to build up a little wall, but I'm not sure that's the best idea. I also thought of drilling and tapping a very small hole near where the tip rests, and then putting in a small pan-head screw in far enough to shroud the tip. For reference, the blue line in the pic is the motion line of the blade tip. It moves up and forward. So whatever I do, I can't block the motion.

And before we go there, I can't carry it invisibly with the sheath, and I can't carry it in the pocket.

Thanks to anybody with some ideas!

CRKT Provoke.jpg

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    Seems like the blade should rest further down to the guard. I'm not familiar with the knife but maybe you could compare it to another or send that picture to the mfg and see what they say. Glad you like it tho

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    I'm pretty sure that's how it's designed. I just ordered some IWB clips meant for Kydex holsters. I may have to make some modifications when it comes in, but hoping I can make it work and use the sheath it came with.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom