Not open for further replies.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Condolences to the injured, and the family of the deceased.
    Yes very sad to loose a life or injury to gun violence or careless handling. This thread got me thinking about that. I am not in the movie industry and some on here have a better view but I am not sure that per gun handling capita that civil deaths and injuries far out number movie set casualties and injuries. Yet when a clown drops his gun at a school board meeting or sofa at IKEA or a ND at a gun show, or the irresponsible parent that enables his kid to shoot up a school, this Baldwin character fits right in.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Double-Bingo...

I'm betting that he and his take this, twist it, and double-down on why our guns should be melted. "See, another tragic death because guns exist." As for the show - "Society made me do it." "this gun crazed society craves violent entertainment and, being true artists, we were forced to give them what they want." Then, just in case those nails won't hold, they will follow up with some version of "I'm also a victim here! Because of a gun, and this evil culture, I'm emotionally traumatized for life." "The only way to ease my suffering from this is to do everything I can to eradicate guns from the world."

I've watched so many of there movies I can write the scripts for them. For them, life is just one big show, and they're the star.

You forgot where he claims to be "specially trained", and since he couldn't handle it, no one can.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I guess it depends how close the actors are to the gun.
    For some scenes actors have a gun pointed right at their face, or even in their mouth.

You can't cheat with camera angle in that case.

4n446o.png

Unless the gun is firing in that scene, it doesn't have to be a real gun, or a blank gun.
    If it is firing, the blank would injure the actor, or kill him, anyway.
    And, a bit of an angle change, and that gun could be pointed behind the head.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have never seen OSHA at a stage. Years ago some crew guys on location got mouthy with someone they were blocking in and he turned out to be an OSHA guy. OSHA did make their presence known on that project after that but generally they do not seem to pay much attention on the jobs I have been on. They will get involved in this situation I am sure. No drug testing but more covoid testing and masks and protocols in this business than probably any other.

OSHA is like the police.
    They show up afterwards to ask questions, and levy a fine.

Mostly.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    By virtue of all the films he did with firearms Baldwin probably had more firearm training and experience than the rest of the crew combined. I know he is a Lib but don't know a thing about his public position and comments on 2a. How ironic would it be if all of his training and experience works against him in court ROTFLMAO.

I wonder what the law would say about his responsibility to look to confirm that the gun was unloaded as was protocol.

I am hearing that he was Executive Producer, I think that could be very very different than just a producer in the eyes of whatever court he ends up in. On almost every production there is one day when they try to have everyone with a producer title on the show present. It is baffling who most of those people are and their actual contribution to the production. I think they hand those titles out like water at a marathon, Props often times does not have enough chairs for them all and it is silly to look at them all sitting there. I wonder if they had them sit on Apple Boxes on this production or if they rented additional chairs for them that day out of the prop budget lol.

I'd guess that Baldwin is one of those "smart guys" that can't be taught anything.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom