• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    You underestimate the people who tailored for the field. Sure sometimes the public is frustrating, but if you do it the right way, you really don't care what other people think.
    I worry more about his mentality and how that mentality is going to work against him in today's modern and modernizing police world.

He's a product of small town policing. Where "the police can do no wrong" and the police are out to punish people for their mis-deeds. Gun-as-a-hammer even to work on nuts and bolts. He's still in his academy, as I said, so not "in the real world yet" - but when that comes, I'll worry about him.

Kid really needs to probably enlist in the .mil and serve a hitch, honestly.

Other nephew, the air marshal's kid, is separating the USAF security services in a few months. He may very well head to a LEO academy, too. Similar upbringings to a point, but then he moved to a much larger and much more diverse community when he moved to the Cleveland 'burbs to be with his dad. Plus 4 years of USAF culture. I'll worry about him, too, if he decides on becoming a LEO. He's a small kid (though stronk). It can be studied and shown that smaller statured men and women LEO tend to go for "gun" way more quickly than averaged-sized or larger male LEOs.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I worry more about his mentality and how that mentality is going to work against him in today's modern and modernizing police world.

He's a product of small town policing. Where "the police can do no wrong" and the police are out to punish people for their mis-deeds. Gun-as-a-hammer even to work on nuts and bolts. He's still in his academy, as I said, so not "in the real world yet" - but when that comes, I'll worry about him.

Kid really needs to probably enlist in the .mil and serve a hitch, honestly.

Other nephew, the air marshal's kid, is separating the USAF security services in a few months. He may very well head to a LEO academy, too. Similar upbringings to a point, but then he moved to a much larger and much more diverse community when he moved to the Cleveland 'burbs to be with his dad. Plus 4 years of USAF culture. I'll worry about him, too, if he decides on becoming a LEO. He's a small kid (though stronk). It can be studied and shown that smaller statured men and women LEO tend to go for "gun" way more quickly than averaged-sized or larger male LEOs.
    10-4. My parents worried about me too. I was too dumb, and enjoying myself too much, to be worried.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Based on the video and information that is available I think it will be found to be a good shoot. Would a police officer put in that scenario make the same choice if that individual turned and quickly raised his bands from his side? I believe so. Decision to shoot was likely made before his hands were elevated past the shooting position.

I've been there and it's really tough. The main difference for me was the suspet had his right shoulder and am concealed for a few seconds while he was (unbeknownst to me) tossing the gun. He then stepped out and pointed at me with his right had quickly. I didn't shoot him, but I think I'd have been good to go if I had... at least back then.

Top Bottom