Merrillville
    272253871_5077677015595911_150057263408660112_n.jpg

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Hmmmm...I missed the part in 1984 (the elementary and obvious comparison, I guess?) about vaccines. Have you all read it? Do you know what the book is even about?
    It is funny how you seem to think you are the only one that has read it and yet somehow you missed the central theme of a central power dictating everything and trampling individual liberty, freedom and choice.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Vaccines work at reducing death, that's about it.
    I appreciate your feedback. I can imagine your "day job" might be rather frustrating in todays world. But the above quote is hard to put faith in. When the CDC claims, "...vaccines reduce deaths by half." or "Chances of death are increased 300% for the unvaccinated." they leave out any context. The data they cite show deaths reduced from two to one. Or the chances of death increase from .004% to .012%. When deciding between an allograft or autograft for my knee reconstruction, the surgeons sales pitch was, "The chance of disease transmission with an allograft may be one in a million. But if it happens to you, it's one hundred percent." I went with the autograft. I guess my point is statistics can be both true and deceptive.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Hmmmm...I missed the part in 1984 (the elementary and obvious comparison, I guess?) about vaccines. Have you all read it? Do you know what the book is even about?
    1984 was a very boring read by my estimation. But if you cannot see the thematic parallel to todays world, the issue isn't the book. I might recommend Harrison Bergeron as another story that seemingly foretells the future. And it's a much shorter read.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    While you're all reading stuff; What is your opinion of this article: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...mT7fBqYy_JvP8YNBJwUMpg9yUK2g-Co89yC_eHZ7EDia0

I do not know what to think of it.

Might be linked to actions being taken in the EU regarding Boosters. I know I am not getting a Booster designed for the original variant. It has been pushed aside by OMICRON.
    ‐‐------------------------------------
    EU drug regulators, World Health Organization experts and the former chairman of the UK’s COVID task force all cited mounting evidence mRNA COVID boosters aren’t working and the strategy should be dropped

European Union drug regulators on Tuesday warned frequent COVID boosters could adversely affect the immune system and said there are currently no data to support repeated doses.

This comes a month after EU drug regulators said it made sense to “administer COVID-19 vaccine boosters as early as three months after the initial two-shot regimen,” amid concerns over the Omicron variant.

According to the European Medicines Agency (EMA), continued booster doses every four months could pose a risk of overloading people’s immune systems and lead to fatigue.

Instead, the agency recommended countries space out the intervals between boosters and coordinate their programs with the onset of the cold season in each hemisphere — following blueprints of influenza vaccination strategies.

“While use of additional boosters can be part of contingency plans, repeated vaccinations within short intervals would not represent a sustainable long-term strategy,” the EMA’s head of vaccines strategy, Marco Cavaleri, said Tuesday during a press briefing.

Boosters “can be done once, or maybe twice, but it’s not something that we can think should be repeated constantly,” Cavaleri said. “We need to think about how we can transition from the current pandemic setting to a more endemic setting.”

Cavaleri said more data is needed on the impact of Omicron on vaccines and a better understanding of the evolution of the current wave to decide whether a vaccine specific to the new variant is needed.

“Preliminary results from recently published studies are showing that the vaccine effectiveness against the symptomatic disease is significantly reduced for Omicron and tends to wane over time,” Cavaleri said.

“It is important that there is a good discussion around the choice of the composition of the vaccine to make sure that we have a strategy that is not just reactive … and try to come up with an approach that will be suitable in order to prevent a future variant,” he added.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I think some of you got triggered. It really is a great book...you guys should read it sometime!
    I did this past summer again. I own it. If you are so blinded by your bias to not see sone parallels to the theme of the book, there’s no point in even continuing any conversation with you.

Top Bottom