• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Someone I know tested positive a few weeks back. Her work required another test. That came back positive. They told her the following Monday would be the end of the quarantine and she could come back to work then. They said to try to get another test before then just to be safe. If positive, come back Monday and if negative come back Monday. Why waste time/money on the test in that scenario?

Those supplying the tests are one of several making a killing on this scamdemic.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Those supplying the tests are one of several making a killing on this scamdemic.
    Manufacturers you mean? If so, absolutely yes. Our wholesale cost on OTC tests went from $5 to $6 to $8 to $12 to $14 to $19. Can't even find wholesale anywhere in the market now unless you count the pop up "wholesalers" trying to pitch them to me for double normal retail cost. I still have ample supply of the rapid tests that my staff administers and cost is still stable on those.

All that to say, manufacturing cost on these is less than $1 per test, or at least historically that was the case.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Mother in law that had covid got better enough she never took the experimental drug. Cancelled the appointment. She got a phone call the other day, asking her questions and recommending not to go anywhere without a mask, and stay away from her husband. She told them she wasn't staying away from him! LOL. Said they stayed on the phone for about a hour! Told her to quarantine for 5 days if she had been vaccinated, and 10 days if she wasn't....?????.....They also talked about being tested, I think the words were, if you have had covid and have antibodies now, that a test "may" show positive even after your over covid. I seem to of seen posts here about people over covid but need a test to go somewhere and then they test positive.....probably why.

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    Wife had flu symptoms bad enough to keep her in bed for almost 2 days. Stopped at the local Walgreens and picked up some tests. I got similar symptoms a couple days after her, 2 of us tested positive, 2 tested negative including me. I was down a few days, retested, still showed negative. Stopped at a random pharmacy a couple days later and got more tests. I tested positive, everyone else was negative. I tried again ~a week later and tested negative, symptoms were down to sniffles and low sense of taste/smell, which have since returned.

Entire family involvement: about two weeks. One kid never tested positive and had no symptoms. No one had shots.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Manufacturers you mean? If so, absolutely yes. Our wholesale cost on OTC tests went from $5 to $6 to $8 to $12 to $14 to $19. Can't even find wholesale anywhere in the market now unless you count the pop up "wholesalers" trying to pitch them to me for double normal retail cost. I still have ample supply of the rapid tests that my staff administers and cost is still stable on those.

All that to say, manufacturing cost on these is less than $1 per test, or at least historically that was the case.
    A friend just bought tests for $2 each, but you need to be CLIA certified for those.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I don't understand why there is so much faith put in to testing. A positive test doesn't change the course of treatment. The tests aren't terribly accurate. They cannot differentiate between different variants. People act as though every positive is Omi when in fact someone not ever previously infected/ sick would still be susceptible to any variant. Just because the Omi boogeyman has been declared doesn't mean previous versions the boogeyman no longer exist. Treatment options, as dictated by politicians, are the same regardless of which 'Vid one supposedly has. If masks work, we don't need vaccines. If vaccines work, we don't need masks. Stop testing and the "pandemic" stops. But, alas, we must follow the 'Science!' or become cancelled from society. FN insane.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Sweet. So the UK is actually now leading the western world in rollbacks of mandates and restrictions. Curious to see if progressives in the US take notice and do similar before midterm elections.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    "At today's House GOP press briefing, Rep. Mike Turner (R-OH) blasted Rep. Adam Schiff's (D-CA) demand that members of the Intel Committee must present negative COVID-19 tests to attend briefings."

F.U. "Shifty"

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Sweet. So the UK is actually now leading the western world in rollbacks of mandates and restrictions. Curious to see if progressives in the US take notice and do similar before midterm elections.

Waiting for the twitter meltdown.

Attn mask nazis: nobody is telling you that you can't continue to wear your mask and hide in your basement.
    Rejoice in your freedom to do as you choose without having to ask your .gov for permission.
    I'll do the same.
    Love, your fuzzy friend, printcraft.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Hey. I got a test I’m not using. Maybe I should sell it in the classies.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Their Omicron peek is several days past now amd sharply declining. I think they recognize that it’s kinda over for them. Lots of people have natural robust immunity. Time to roll back the fear.

Will that happen when the wave is over here? Oh hell no. If dems were smart, which it doesn’t appear they are so much, they’d claim victory, claim Republicans held them back at every step, and then roll back our restrictions. Back to normal.

That may be their only shot. People are sick of the lies and living through the perpetual pandemic.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    If dems were smart, which it doesn’t appear they are so much, they’d claim victory, claim Republicans held them back at every step, and then roll back our restrictions. Back to normal.

That may be their only shot. People are sick of the lies and living through the perpetual pandemic.
    Have you read any of their bs? They aren’t that smart.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Their Omicron peek is several days past now amd sharply declining. I think they recognize that it’s kinda over for them. Lots of people have natural robust immunity. Time to roll back the fear.

Will that happen when the wave is over here? Oh hell no. If dems were smart, which it doesn’t appear they are so much, they’d claim victory, claim Republicans held them back at every step, and then roll back our restrictions. Back to normal.

Totally agree. From what I can read it was purely to try to gain political favor over there that they’re rolling back mandates. Not so sure the D lawmakers here face that same pressure..at least at the state and local levels.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I don't understand why there is so much faith put in to testing. A positive test doesn't change the course of treatment. The tests aren't terribly accurate. They cannot differentiate between different variants. People act as though every positive is Omi when in fact someone not ever previously infected/ sick would still be susceptible to any variant. Just because the Omi boogeyman has been declared doesn't mean previous versions the boogeyman no longer exist. Treatment options, as dictated by politicians, are the same regardless of which 'Vid one supposedly has. If masks work, we don't need vaccines. If vaccines work, we don't need masks. Stop testing and the "pandemic" stops. But, alas, we must follow the 'Science!' or become cancelled from society. FN insane.
    Vaccines work at reducing death, that's about it.

Omicron is over 90% of cases now i believe. Seems reasonable to assume it's omicron. Treatment options do vary as Regeneron and Lilly's MAB are less effective against omicron due to mutations on spike protein, same reason vax is less effective at stopping transmission.

We do need to significantly reduce testing. It's utter craziness

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Vaccines work at reducing death, that's about it.

Omicron is over 90% of cases now i believe. Seems reasonable to assume it's omicron. Treatment options do vary as Regeneron and Lilly's MAB are less effective against omicron due to mutations on spike protein, same reason vax is less effective at stopping transmission.

We do need to significantly reduce testing. It's utter craziness
    I haven’t read recently what is the mortality rates for the O?

Top Bottom