• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The claim that all users of semi-auto rifles and pistols are "slobs that tear up ranges and woods with rapid-fire, and leave trash behind", casts aspersions on an entire class of people: all users of semi-auto firearms. It is a classic ad hominem attack.

Ad Hominem Attack:
    A rhetorical strategy where the writer attacks the character, motive, or some other attribute of the person or an entire class of people to denigrate them.

John
    I never said or implied that all users of semi-autos were slobs. Why would I do that? That would include me! :lmfao:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    True about shooters with any firearms, but semi-autos do dominate these days. I've been the victim of these kinds of slobs and have noted their impact on ranges where I'm a member. It does get my dander up and I admit it strays from the title of the topic. As long as a gun owner acts maturely and responsibly, I have no issue with his choice of firearms or accessories.
    We have two new members at one of the clubs I belong to, I can hear them doing mag dumps from my home. After they are done I can pickup an average of 450-550 5.56 emptys and 100-200 300 blackout.
    Targets left on the boards, 50 & 100 range looks like a chisel plow when down it a few times and endless brass left behind.

They and some of the steel case shooters always leave a mess for others to clean up.
    If one doesn't want their brass, pick it up and leave it on a bench when leaving.

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The claim that all users of semi-auto rifles and pistols are "slobs that tear up ranges and woods with rapid-fire, and leave trash behind", casts aspersions on an entire class of people: all users of semi-auto firearms. It is a classic ad hominem attack.
    He didn't say all semi-auto users are slobs.

It might be interpreted as all slobs use semi-autos, but that's a different claim.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    We have two new members at one of the clubs I belong to, I can hear them doing mag dumps from my home. After they are done I can pickup an average of 450-550 5.56 emptys and 100-200 300 blackout.
    Targets left on the boards, 50 & 100 range looks like a chisel plow when down it a few times and endless brass left behind.

They and the steel case shooters always leave a mess for others to clean up.
    If one doesn't want their brass, pick it up and leave it on a bench when leaving.
    I don't like that stuff, but I still think it is on the club and its members to deal with those issues, not the ATF via executive orders.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I don't like that stuff, but I still think it is on the club and its members to deal with those issues, not the ATF via executive orders.
    The problem is most CC are self policed, and after you try to discuss poor handling and behavior it usually heads south quickly with most problem children. It can put its members in a bad place.
    Who hasn't changed targets and turned around an another member is handling, loading a magazine tube, looking through a scope, so on and so on.
    Smart clubs have range officer classes and with that you earn the right to take ones membership card and it goes on the floor at the next meeting on what to do if anything.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So much for that 4-D chess match some claim Trump was playing with this bump stock ban. :wallbash:
    Yep. Sounds like SCOTUS also isnt a fan of range toy gimmicks with no real value. (Except to ammo manufacturers LOL)

which is sad. What other non essential items are they going to deem unworthy of their time?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So much for that 4-D chess match some claim Trump was playing with this bump stock ban. :wallbash:
    How so? The clam is that by tripping the bumpstock breaker he averted major gun control, it was often accompanied by the courts should rule this unconstitutional but not required for the breaker to work.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Trump is just another leftist liberal snake.

He wraps himself in a flag and plays a Lee Greenwood cassette and people line up cough up their dollars and sense.

We can't move on from that actual, certified loser fast enough.

DeSantis 2024

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield

He wraps himself in a flag and plays a Lee Greenwood cassette and people line up cough up their dollars and sense.

DeSantis 2024

While staying in the tangent to the original thread title , while Trump isn't the most friendly of non-politicians, at least with him we were energy independent for the first time, gasoline was under $2.00 a gallon, more persons of minority status were employed then ever before, and more, it still comes down to bad tweeting orange man bad, and he didn't like bump-stocks, current misfit much better since he doesn't even know what a tweet is but wants to ban all so-called "assault weapons".

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

DeSantis 2024
    Have you been officially diagnosed yet? Because you're really showing signs of TDS. Everything has to be about him. He lives rent free in your head. You should get out more. See the world.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Have you been officially diagnosed yet? Because you're really showing signs of TDS. Everything has to be about him. He lives rent free in your head. You should get out more. See the world.
    I get weekly texts from him begging for money, he makes it hard to escape...

Speaking of hard to escape, how much do you have to donate to get on his visitor list at Leavenworth? Dude never misses a chance to grift...

Maybe he and Joe can be cell mates? Throw Hunter in there too! I imagine he already has the rights to that TV show sold..

I'm just kidding, I'm sure Ron will unfortunately pardon him

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I get weekly texts from him begging for money, he makes it hard to escape...

Speaking of hard to escape, how much do you have to donate to get on his visitor list at Leavenworth? Dude never misses a chance to grift...

Maybe he and Joe can be cell mates? Throw Hunter in there too! I imagine he already has the rights to that TV show sold..

I'm just kidding, I'm sure Ron will unfortunately pardon him
    Here's the thing....I don't care. He doesn't rate high enough for me to warrant the extra brain power to think about. If he was the only option over pedo joe? He'll get my vote. I won't be voting for him in the primaries if there are any other options.

I love when people with TDS ass-ume that I am a trumper. I find it hilarious because I post nothing pro-trump, but I do point out when TDS is showing. Makes people furious apparently.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I wish as a group of 2A advocates we could get past the stigma, the hard core either/or of Trump all Trump nothing but Trump, vs Trump bad so you must be a left wing nut “obummer” biden voter.

Many many people don’t really like Trump but obviously recognize that he was the best thing at the time, and will vote for him again if we have to, but think there’s a chance there could be somebody better at the top of the pile TWO years from now.
    Many say they like Trump, and they shouldn’t alienate others that want to see other options.

Give it time, and stop dividing. Anyone that divides is playing for the wrong team.

My only real hope is that the blowhards on both sides are in the great minority.

Top Bottom