Could an admin please delete my account?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have not read the thread. I read the first two posts. I checked to see his current activity. 2 days ago he asked to be deleted. 4 hours ago he checked in for some reason?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    DODDG, I have read twice now in your threads about having to sell your nice (read expensive) guns in retirement. Are you thinking you will need to sell them to pay bills, buy groceries, live?

1. I thought your comments here were thoughtful and reflective and I appreciated your insights and example of your own experience in retirement.
    2. The monies I have spent in the last 19 months cannot continue in retirement.
    3. Last week I did some ammo cost estimations for the year and was shocked of their yearly out put. I could go through 3000-4000 rounds in a month easily, but that would be $7000+/yr in 9mm and $2000+ in .22LR, and if I split the difference between them: $4500/yr. just in ammo! (nearly $400/mo.) That would be an obvious area to cut in the "entertainment" budget.
    4. The guns really are not the issue, of course: it's feeding them, since I don't wish to keep a gun I'm not using.
    5. The first year or 3rd year of retirement will not be an issue, but I like to prepare for eventualities that the future will bring.
    6. I look at what something costs over the whole year and what the monthly budget of that is to keep myself in line.

I don't have much of a retirement and I will most likely have to work until I'm close to 70, but since my guns are paid for, I don't see that I would ever HAVE to sell them.

7. Understood. Selling guns would just be a way of keeping ammo costs down, since I would never keep a gun that I wasn't shooting.

The way I look at it, I'm getting squared away now while I am earning a paycheck so in my retirement years, I don't have any needs as far as firearms. I only own a few firearms and that is all I want.

8. That is where I want to be. I have the "squared away" aspect of my finances since I've always lived "close." No debt is my mantra.
    9. Owning a few firearms is where I want to be, and I have bought/shot/sold several to get where I know what I want to keep: it's been hard with my .22LRs, but I did eliminate .22LR polymers when I realized I like a heavier metal/alloy gun, but now the hard part.
    10. Eliminating duplicates is the easy part on paper (with different grips and sights), but in reality I enjoy them, therefor lies the difficulty in "trimming."
    11. I don't know how I'll ever decide how to get rid one of the brands: S/W, Ruger, Beretta, and etc.

If you need some money, sell your low end guns and redundant firearms and keep a well thought out collection to have for the rest of your life if you have someone to leave them to.

12. I only have 5 range toys (in 9mm), selling a few others, but having bought 4 very recently.
    13. Selling the Ruger P95 isn't an issue, but how do I chose between my latest and greatest (Bersa Thunder Pro XT) and the Shadow 2?
    The beloved Shadow 2 cost more than 2x than the Pro XT, and the XT is nearly even to the Shadow 2 in accuracy.
    Now that will be a tough one!
    14. But, the .22LRs will be even more difficult, b/c I have 14 of them and love all of them.

Just my opinion. I may be missing something.
    Of course, keep in mind this is coming from a minimalist.

15. Thanks for your input: I'm a minimalist, but in this area I have been indulgent since I knew I had only a window of time.
    16. I thought I'd work another 4 years, but I want out now: I'm done. If health holds up I will do part time somewhere for my "discretion" money.
    My needs will be met, what is under discussion is the discretionary fund.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have not read the thread. I read the first two posts. I checked to see his current activity. 2 days ago he asked to be deleted. 4 hours ago he checked in for some reason?

1. I'm surprised the thread cannot be closed, like in a Classified ad: but, apparently not. :dunno:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

Noticed that as well. OP, since you're checking in, this thread is a perfect example of why there is no delete button for content. This thread has good information, especially considering how, why, and the content of it's origin. I bet it's not what you expected at this point, correct?

Stick around, get out of the classifieds and participate. You may be surprised.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom