Could an admin please delete my account?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I'm a little curious as to why he asked INGO in the first place, instead of his local FFL? I mean, wouldn't that be the best place to ask what his local FFL will do?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Guys, c'mon.

I believe in the right to be forgotten.

I contemplated asking Tex to delete my account & posts a few times. I'll probably revisit that thought one day.

I don't think this is a frivolous request to be mocked.

In that you had these thoughts was something I understand. You step out in front and put it on the line everyday here. I see it. You are the resident info guy. That one person who has started more discussions than anybody else I can think of. Good on you sir. And keep it up. Please.

But in doing that you took some heat. I was around. I saw it. Remember the PM's we have shared.

The OP here is just not up to your level. His butthurt is as the rooster laid down. This thread is in my humble opinion in response to the thread I reviewed. Again, just my opinion. We all have them. OP is a seller/buyer. Non-supporter. Rides the waves for free.

hpd855

Member From INGO's Early Days
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Haubstadt
    I sure like the 40 prices right now, picked up a nice Beretta 96 for $275 and a nice XD40 for $225, I had the 40 thing pounded into my head years ago on the local PD.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    :rolleyes:

OP. Your question was answered. It won't do any good to have transfer paperwork done, it doesn't prove ownership. There is no "registration" in Indiana either. What you were asking for makes no sense. This was pointed out to you several times. People looked at your post history and saw the obvious, you are a seller. You hit the classifieds back in Feb of 2012 and haven't left. You have 6 posts outside of there since then, including this one and your "question" post. Of those 6 we can't really count 2 of them since they were directly related to your WTS posts. There was a 5 year block of time you didn't do anything at all on INGO. When you did return it was to sell more stuff in the classifieds. You show no interest in contributing to the forum, it's simply a place to hock your wares for free.

Taking all this into account, and reading your "question" post lead quite a few of us to think you are trying to figure a way out for a questionable sale, a possible way to CYA for a bad deal maybe. I don't know (or care) if that's the case or not, but it's a possibility based on what we can read about you. There aren't many here that are going to help you do something questionable. You did not get "attacked". At worst you got mildly hazed.

If your goal is to continue running a freelance business and you want accountability then check out gunbroker or armslist, insist on a bill of sale for each deal you do. You will have your proof of sale and a wider more appropriate audience.

INGO should not be home to unlicensed dealers, and that's what selling for profit without a license is. That's what is happening here, and with many others in the classifieds. There are better places to do that besides INGO.

The poetry of pissed off poultry.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    All the 40 hate is stupid. Just herds of sheep rushing off to where someone said the grass might be greener. So the more discerning among us benefit from picking up mint condition Glock 22 trade ins cheap and ammo to match on a gun that will kill someone just as dead as a 9 or a 45.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All the 40 hate is stupid. Just herds of sheep rushing off to where someone said the grass might be greener. So the more discerning among us benefit from picking up mint condition Glock 22 trade ins cheap and ammo to match on a gun that will kill someone just as dead as a 9 or a 45.

40 is a pretty sharp round. I would prefer it to a 9mm.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    :rolleyes:

OP. Your question was answered. It won't do any good to have transfer paperwork done, it doesn't prove ownership. There is no "registration" in Indiana either. What you were asking for makes no sense. This was pointed out to you several times. People looked at your post history and saw the obvious, you are a seller. You hit the classifieds back in Feb of 2012 and haven't left. You have 6 posts outside of there since then, including this one and your "question" post. Of those 6 we can't really count 2 of them since they were directly related to your WTS posts. There was a 5 year block of time you didn't do anything at all on INGO. When you did return it was to sell more stuff in the classifieds. You show no interest in contributing to the forum, it's simply a place to hock your wares for free.

Taking all this into account, and reading your "question" post lead quite a few of us to think you are trying to figure a way out for a questionable sale, a possible way to CYA for a bad deal maybe. I don't know (or care) if that's the case or not, but it's a possibility based on what we can read about you. There aren't many here that are going to help you do something questionable. You did not get "attacked". At worst you got mildly hazed.

If your goal is to continue running a freelance business and you want accountability then check out gunbroker or armslist, insist on a bill of sale for each deal you do. You will have your proof of sale and a wider more appropriate audience.

INGO should not be home to unlicensed dealers, and that's what selling for profit without a license is. That's what is happening here, and with many others in the classifieds. There are better places to do that besides INGO.

Rep. My thoughts exactly.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I guess that one came back and bit me.

Back to the OP. If you're not an ffl, selling guns regularly for profit is against the law. It's a slap in the face to your market here, responsible gun owners. You can view this as an education or a disapproval. I hope you embrace responsibility gun ownership. Sometimes you have to turn a corner. This is your corner.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

Back to the OP. If you're not an ffl, selling guns regularly for profit is against the law. It's a slap in the face to your market here, responsible gun owners. You can view this as an education or a disapproval. I hope you embrace responsibility gun ownership. Sometimes you have to turn a corner. This is your corner.

It could also put the forum at risk in the future as well. Not so much right now, but the left WILL be back in power one day. When that day comes they will show no mercy with the crap they will pull. They're pissed off right now because they aren't getting their way in much. Wait until that changes, it will be a :poop:storm of BS thrown at us.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I read back through your post. I can appreciate you wanting to be legal, but you don't need to prove you own your carry weapon. Right? If you have your license to carry and don't carry where you're not supposed to, airports and such, your good. The constant selling of guns for profit is illegal without an ffl. If you weren't aware of it, well you should slow down a little. What's done is done. It would be nice to delete it all. I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think you're on anybody's radar.

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville

So if I have had over a hundred guns for better than 30 years and I decided to sell ten a year for the next ten years, certainly I will make a profit. I mean I payed 325.00 for my 8" Python with Ellison's and a Colt paper trigger job. So I sell it and some other guns for a healthy profit as private sales, please tell me what law I am breaking by making a profit reselling my personal firearms, and why would I not be a responsible person by doing so?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    So if I have had over a hundred guns for better than 30 years and I decided to sell ten a year for the next ten years, certainly I will make a profit. I mean I payed 325.00 for my 8" Python with Ellison's and a Colt paper trigger job. So I sell it and some other guns for a healthy profit as private sales, please tell me what law I am breaking by making a profit reselling my personal firearms, and why would I not be a responsible person by doing so?

Good point. It would be hard to prove someone is buying here just to sell there. But you see a gun on Armslist for a good price of $300 and a week later the actual gun is for sale by a different owner for $500, if that's a habit with them and they are not a dealer, that is illegal. As in law written law broke. If you open your safe one day and say whoa I have too much, I'm going to sell a whole bunch. That's not gun flipping. I don't think the law was written for the recreational flipping for profit. But he's an unlicensed buyer/seller. If I was down on my luck, I wouldn't focus on flipping if it was legal. Not really any money in it unless you want to get your ffl and go all in. Then too it's risky. At the moment guns are cheap.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Just have to be aware of the law and if what you're doing would be considered illegal. And when you realize you may be on the shady side, hope it disappears before you draw attention to yourself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom