• ...and so much more!
  • model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    Because I live/work over an hour away, I called today looking for a revolver I'm after (S&W Bodyguards). Whomever I spoke to said he had a Model 638. I simply asked if it was an older one or new - to which he responded that it was new, and continued on to tell me I am wasting my time looking for an old one although I never said I was. Before I could respond he followed up with informing me I could go online and pay double what they're worth for an old one, because "they're all gone". He followed that with an 'alright' and promptly hung up on me.

I didn't even get more than 10 words in, or get to apologize for bothering them with my business. I'll just take it somewhere else next time and save them the hassle of an inquiry/sale.

Last edited:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I can imagine a smith dealer trying to sell revolvers with the Hillary hole. “Does it have a Hillary hole?” Does it have a Hillary hole?”

Same thing with older gun show guys in the 1976-80’s. They would not buy a Japanese made browning rifle and if they got stuck with one you could get a deal on it. “No Japanese made car sits in my driveway no Japanese TV in my living room and the only jap gun in my safe I took off his body when I shot him.”

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    I empathize, for sure. If my tone was expressed negatively when I said "...or new?" when I asked, I'd understand the reaction I received.

But hell, lol I mostly just wanted to know if I needed to track down some magna grips or if they were already on it

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Because I live/work over an hour away, I called today looking for a revolver I'm after (S&W Bodyguards). Whomever I spoke to said he had a Model 638. I simply asked if it was an older one or new - to which he responded that it was new, and continued on to tell me I am wasting my time looking for an old one although I never said I was. Before I could respond he followed up with informing me I could go online and pay double what they're worth for an old one, because "they're all gone". He followed that with an 'alright' and promptly hung up on me.

I didn't even get more than 10 words in, or get to apologize for bothering them with my business. I'll just take it somewhere else next time and save them the hassle of an inquiry/sale.
    that's Cosner's

rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Haven't been in that s***hole for years, for a reason. I can't believe they're still in business. Kind of like American Arms down there. It's like they hate customers

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    I haven’t had any problems with American Arms.
    I’ve been a few times and it’s not a bad place. I had a weird experience recently tho - I was simply told “good luck” after I asked about finding an uncommon Henry. They’re a premium dealer according to Henry but that made me feel like it wasn’t worth their trouble. Found it on GB 10min later while still in their parking lot.

Also I was in the area and went in Cosners again weeks ago, but left with the same impression as when I wrote this post a year ago.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I went to a service call right around the corner from there one day this summer.
    I was like cool when I get done here I'm gonna go check that shop out. I Google them just for the days and hours they are open. I then read the reviews they have...wow....I didn't even go 4/5 reviews were highly negative. It was the most disappointment "not" going somewhere ever.

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    I’ve been a few times and it’s not a bad place. I had a weird experience recently tho - I was simply told “good luck” after I asked about finding an uncommon Henry. They’re a premium dealer according to Henry but that made me feel like it wasn’t worth their trouble. Found it on GB 10min later while still in their parking lot.

Also I was in the area and went in Cosners again weeks ago, but left with the same impression as when I wrote this post a year ago.
    Cosner is pretty old (Vietnam vet) has more money than he could ever spend and just doesn’t care anymore. At least that’s what I get from him. American Arms is just straight douchebaggery. They are so much better and more knowledgeable than you could ever hope to be, don’t you understand who they are ?? If you need your azz powdered just because you walk in a retail store these are not the places to visit :)

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Was in Cosners several years ago and was negotiating a deal on 2 handguns. They got the owner to approve $100 off the sale. They applied it to both guns, so $200 off. After paying I hung around awhile realizing it was wrong. Had every intention of telling them just waited awhile.

There was panic and pandemonium when they realized it. It was funny watching them correct it.

Even with idiots I can't bring myself to cheat.

Don

Top Bottom