Corporate America and modern internet culture.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Having worked my entire life in manufacturing I'm having a hard time understanding modern companies making "woke" marketing decisions. I can't believe that there are so many customers that are "woke" or use some sort of "woke rating" given to them by the internet to make buying decisions. There's going to some for sure and companies don't want to lose those buyers, but it seems like they are chasing away others.

I've seen executives make stupid decisions for selfish reasons over the years, but demeaning one group to court a smaller one just seems crazy.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    It is hard to understand when you look at a crowd supposedly woke people with their face buried in an Apple iPhone (giant corp), surfing Facebook (approaching monopoly status) sucking down Starbucks Coffee (giant corp with mediocre coffee), while wearing their Nike attire (built by enslaved children) while their Tesla charges (it's child mined cobalt batteries).

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre
    Burgers?

Let's see, McDonalds. wikipedia has their 2019 revenue at 21,077,000,000, net income 6,025,000,000

Oh yeah, McDonalds is very worried about people yelling on twitter. Their execs are totally terrified of losing a percentage point of market share. Just like Jeff Bezos, net worth eleventy bajillion, is running the Washington Post with an eye toward readership and profits instead of cultural poison and propaganda.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    If it's institutional cowardice or any type of intimidation then compliance is being obtained by a threat from __(fill in the blank)__ .

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    If it's institutional cowardice or any type of intimidation then compliance is being obtained by a threat from __(fill in the blank)__ .
    It's similar to all the businesses that don't give a shot about blm putting wood covers on their windows filled with blm propaganda just so they won't be targeted.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Yeah but who's doing the threatening?
    There has to be a systematic process in operation?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It is hard to understand when you look at a crowd supposedly woke people with their face buried in an Apple iPhone (giant corp), surfing Facebook (approaching monopoly status) sucking down Starbucks Coffee (giant corp with mediocre coffee), while wearing their Nike attire (built by enslaved children) while their Tesla charges (it's child mined cobalt batteries).
    Elon Musk is not really part of that.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Having worked my entire life in manufacturing I'm having a hard time understanding modern companies making "woke" marketing decisions. I can't believe that there are so many customers that are "woke" or use some sort of "woke rating" given to them by the internet to make buying decisions. There's going to some for sure and companies don't want to lose those buyers, but it seems like they are chasing away others.

I've seen executives make stupid decisions for selfish reasons over the years, but demeaning one group to court a smaller one just seems crazy.

Because that "smaller" group is the one with all the money, banks, hollywood, media, and legal teams behind them.

If the "majority" lacks the balls to take them to court over it, then obviously the corporations are going to play it safe and avoid the ones who will take them to court.

Read my signature. Until conservatives wake up from their Reagan induced slumber, this problem will only get worse and worse.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    It’s called “corporate social responsibility” and it’s intertwined with critical race theory and social justice.

The ultimate end goal is to be on the side of big government as an “approved socially conscious” business and allowed to approve or disapprove of transactions once the fiat paper dollar goes away and the new central bank digital currency (CBDC/FedCoin) is implemented.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Burgers?

Let's see, McDonalds. wikipedia has their 2019 revenue at 21,077,000,000, net income 6,025,000,000

Oh yeah, McDonalds is very worried about people yelling on twitter. Their execs are totally terrified of losing a percentage point of market share.
    That's exactly my point. They have nothing, objectively, to fear from telling the cancel mob to pound sand. So why do companies keep caving to their demands? Emotional cowardice. The execs personally, emotionally don't like it when people scream at them on their Twitter, and they're giving in and pandering instead of just blocking those people and continuing as normal.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's exactly my point. They have nothing, objectively, to fear from telling the cancel mob to pound sand. So why do companies keep caving to their demands? Emotional cowardice. The execs personally, emotionally don't like it when people scream at them on their Twitter, and they're giving in and pandering instead of just blocking those people and continuing as normal.

They (the companies) are the cancel mob, that is who their employees are, the young, just out of college indoctrinated from our tainted education system, run the social side and the older employees just want to keep their gravy train running...

It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.
    Sinclair

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

It ain't emotional cowardice, dude.

It's called not wanting to be taken to court.

Lets say they decide to not ban someone off social media. Then <insert minority of your choice> inside the company goes and gets a lawyer and says they have an unsafe workplace and their employer is a racist. Some activist judge will make an example out of the case, and the company is now in ruins.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That woke lib crowd is vicious. They will say or do anything, truth doesn't matter.

Swing twitter or facebook against something, then you have a self-feeding frenzy. What can a wokester do to one up the next? Lie, shame, dox, etc. They have nothing to lose.

Whereas, a whole lot of American business is just teetering on the edge in this scamdemic.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Corporate America is all about the short term. Short term profits and short term virtue signaling to keep the SJW mobs from affecting their business, whether those mobs are internal or external (or both).

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    They are catering to all of those last-second Biden votes, who they believe are actual legitimate consumers.
    On the other side of that coin, they also believe those who complain and vow to boycott their products are just blowing off steam and will never really hit them in their bottom line. Unfortunately, judging by the pace of local store stock persons stacking product daily, they're right.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'll give you my view from inside a fairly large corporation.

This stuff is coming from HR and probably marketing. HR departments have been pushing this stuff for years. The leaders go to conferences where they hear about how this needs to be done and taught. They then come back and tell the CEO they need to do this, and they are off to the races. Inclusion, micro aggressions, yada yada yada...

I am guessing there is a similar dynamic going on in Marketing. As the largest corporations start, it gets easier for the next tier of corporations marketing departments to convince their management that they need to follow suit.

It isn't coming from young employees. Unless it is a tech company, most of the workforce is probably not that young to begin with.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Marketing!

Dr. Seuss, INC. self bans 6 books. Get a week of free press coverage (good coverage lauding their wokeness). The grumpy un-woke buy the remaining classic books for fear they will disappear in the future. The woke also buy books to reward the woke company.

Win! Win! Free marketing and an uptick in sales.

And Dr. Seuss’s heirs get more of daddy’s money without having to do any real work.

Top Bottom