Cool Fire Recoil Laser Trainer, anyone familiar with it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Cool Fire web site: Cool Fire Trainer

Now before you scoff, this is different than any of the other "laser" trainers I have seen. To start with it provides recoil via CO2 and secondly it is a drop in kit for your gun. So you train with your own gun with the advantage of a laser visual feedback of where you are hitting and felt recoil. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this system.

I dislike the SIRT training guns as all they do is train your trigger control / slight alignment but completely lacks one of the key elements of the use of a gun - recoil. Well then what about air soft? Could be a contender but you have a mess to clean up afterwards.

Another advantage to a laser training is the use of some software I just saw a video review on (by Military Arms Channel on YouTube) the L.A.S.R. - Laser Activated Shot Reporter. Software that uses your pc or laptop and a web cam to do some interesting things with laser trainers. Best to watch the video review for a clear understanding of what this can do. There is also a thread from last year on it.

Last years thread - https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories-gear/338554-l-s-r-indoor-laser-range.html
    MAC review - https://youtu.be/98yL-XLxlIg

So back to Cool Fire, this seems to be the best solution to simulated training for the average Joe. There are not a whole lot of reviews or info out on the internet about it, so I turn to the INGO collective for any comments or personal experience.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I have been looking for something like this that simulates recoil. As you said i feel thats the hardest thing to train for without actually shooting real ammunition. This looks to be a viable solution to that issue. Wonder how similar the recoil pulse is...

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have been looking for something like this that simulates recoil. As you said i feel thats the hardest thing to train for without actually shooting real ammunition. This looks to be a viable solution to that issue. Wonder how similar the recoil pulse is...

I have seen a few videos and it is not substantial recoil. But it is much more realistic than just a laser. I hate to invest until I get some feedback from actual owners. But it doesn't look like many have got into them yet.

Top Bottom