• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I actually prefer S&W ergonomics, my buddy shoots the M&P platform.
    I'm just to vested to jump to another platform, i much prefer the shield over the 43. Haven't tried any of the other single stack glocks yet
    Yeah, me too. Though I think if I had started out on Glocks, I would have adapted to them and wouldn't have known any better.

What pushed me to M&P was that I started out on the 1911 platform. The Smith's just felt good right off the bat for me. I have looked back, but I wouldn't change now.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Even though I don't own one, I think the 19 is the quintessential handgun. It does everything well. I went S&W or I would have a 19. I had plans to carry my compact which is virtually identical to the 19 but I couldn't conceal it well enough for me. My plan was to get up to speed on the compact, and use it as my "do all" pistol. It almost worked. I use it for everything except conceal carry. If it would have worked out, I would have still kept my Shield, but used it for a different purpose.

If you do have it milled, AllenM here on INGO is a great option. He will do it right.

Allen milled my G23 for me. He knows his stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’ve been a fan of .40 for a long time and it’s the Sigs that seem to run it best. I need to get one set up for an RMR so I can stop actually having a gun account with money in it. Who needs money when you can exchange it for gun stuff, right?

G192127

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2018
    Shelbyville
    I HIGHLY suggest you go to trijicon's website and read the "comments" made by actual owners of RMR's and SRO's.
    I believe it will make your decision clearer
    YMMV

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I HIGHLY suggest you go to trijicon's website and read the "comments" made by actual owners of RMR's and SRO's.
    I believe it will make your decision clearer
    YMMV
    What should I be looking for? Positive comments on those two optics? Negative? I currently own a RMR and am very happy with it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    A lot of us ARE actual users. Still not tracking if you are recommending for or against an RMR. I bought a Holosun after buying the RMR and recently sold the Holosun. They are a decent optic but they are not an RMR.
    This was my experience as well 88. Except I haven’t sold the Holosun yet.
    But like most threads this is drifting from a iron sights or red dot to a which red dot is better.

Well, I've had both and I would still recommend the Holosun if you really need to save the money. Otherwise during my life I've not been dissapointed buying top shelf. I have been when buying second tier or lower. Almost every time.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    What are the noticable differerences between the RMR and Holosun? Other than the price, of course.
    Gents, for me it was a few factors, one of which could be vision dependent :
    1. Dot is sharper on the rmr
    2. I prefer always on vs shake awake
    3. Shape

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    You mentioned your Dawson fiber optic front post is a little on the narrow side.

Hi Viz makes an inexpensive fiber optic front that is substantially larger. It looks like a small orange lollipop (or whatever color filament you put in it), and I find for just pure visibility, it almost looks like a red dot, but with more natural acquisition if you shoot irons decently. I have it one one of my Production guns, and in bright daylight, I find it to be even more visible than a dot. It is larger in apparent diameter to your eye, than a 3 MOA dot.

Sounds like you also figured out the other "secret," which is that practice may be the ultimate secret. If you are able to use irons, I'd use irons, but if not, bite the bullet and go the other way. But I'd spend the 25~35 bucks trying the Hi Viz, before going several coins deeper.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    320X5-F with Dawson on LH side...Glock with HiViz on Right:

Sight-Comparison-1-13-21.jpg

The packaging from my sights said HiViz makes these for XD, Smith M&P, CZ, and Glock.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    320X5-F with Dawson on LH side...Glock with HiViz on Right:

Sight-Comparison-1-13-21.jpg

The packaging from my sights said HiViz makes these for XD, Smith M&P, CZ, and Glock.
    Thanks Twang! That's how my Dawson's look too. That is a big difference.

I already ordered a set of Hackathorns. Hopefully they will be as big of a difference.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I tried a reflex sight on my CZ P10F and found that it was very accurate but I was to slow finding the target with it. After years of iron sight shooting that is still the fastest for me and I'm accurate enough for self defense. Now on my hunting pistols and revolvers I believe a reflex sight would be the way to go. It has made a big difference hunting with my 10mm. Thinking about adding one to my Taurus Model 44 that has served me for 28 years without a problem.

Top Bottom